The Student Room Group

CIE A Level Computer Science (9608)

Hey,

I was wondering if there was anyone else who is doing the CIE A Level Computer Science next Friday and a week on monday?

And if so how are you getting on with studying and what are you doing?

I am using the text book and revision guide and making notes on the stuff I am not so confident on. Usually for other subjects I do loads of past papers but there are just not many for this subject. My method worked last time and I got an A and I'm aiming for A* this time.

Scroll to see replies

It's alright but the lack of past papers is kind of annoying. Trying to do last minute revision for everything making sure I'm on top of it all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nyathigiz
It's alright but the lack of past papers is kind of annoying. Trying to do last minute revision for everything making sure I'm on top of it all

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup, and no answers for textbook or revision guide.

How did you do in the AS and what are you aiming for?
Reply 3
Pisses me off that A2 boundaries are higher than AS, yet the practical component (paper 4) is much harder.

I solved all the past papers for CS and did some relevant questions from Computing papers. Judging by the questions, the best solution is to memorise the whole book which is quite impossible.
Original post by Fadel

Yup. Also there is nothing the same between the past papers like no patter so the best thing is just to memorise the whole thing, which as you say is impossible!

The highest grade boundaries so far have been 75% for an A* (227 Marks).

What are you hoping for and what did you get at AS?
Original post by littleswany
Yup, and no answers for textbook or revision guide.

How did you do in the AS and what are you aiming for?

I got an a, aiming for an a*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Yup. Also there is nothing the same between the past papers like no patter so the best thing is just to memorise the whole thing, which as you say is impossible!

The highest grade boundaries so far have been 75% for an A* (227 Marks).

What are you hoping for and what did you get at AS?

I got A at AS, and hoping to atleast keep it.
Original post by Nyathigiz

Original post by Fadel

I got an A to aiming A*.

How did you find the questions on memory management? I thought they were nothing like what is in the textbook
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Fadel
Pisses me off that A2 boundaries are higher than AS, yet the practical component (paper 4) is much harder.

I solved all the past papers for CS and did some relevant questions from Computing papers. Judging by the questions, the best solution is to memorise the whole book which is quite impossible.

That's so true😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Do we have any predictions?
I got an A too last year and aiming for an A again this year.
I did most of the past papers and have studied through my notes.

If anyone has any questions i can answer them. :smile:
I just finished by AS computer science paper 22 yesterday and I found it kinda difficult. Did anybody else feel the same way?
Original post by CF*cked
Do we have any predictions?
I got an A too last year and aiming for an A again this year.
I did most of the past papers and have studied through my notes.

If anyone has any questions i can answer them. :smile:

It up to your school to give them, if you applied with UCAS for uni they will have put them on you application.
How have you been finding the past papers?

Original post by mayank.2592
I just finished by AS computer science paper 22 yesterday and I found it kinda difficult. Did anybody else feel the same way?

I am just doing A2 this year sorry! I will ask my mate how he found it and get back to you.
It up to your school to give them, if you applied with UCAS for uni they will have put them on you application.
How have you been finding the past papers?

I am just doing A2 this year sorry! I will ask my mate how he found it and get back to you.

Thank you buddy :smile:
@CF*cked @mayank.2592 @Nyathigiz @Fadel and anyone else

Would you be interested in a group chat in something like messenger to quiz each other in the time before the exam tomorrow and then on monday?

Would you be interested in a group chat in something like messenger to quiz each other in the time before the exam tomorrow and then on monday?

Well, I just finished my AS computer science. I have my a levels next year
Reply 15

We should do this tonight as the exam is early in the morning and the centre is quite far away.

Ye that would be great

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
You all ready?
Original post by CF*cked
You all ready?

I think so

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
flying through pass papers

Quick Reply