What can i do?!!?!?!?

Watch this thread
megan_0802
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Im 16 and feel like I've hit a bit of a brick wall when it comes to my future, it is 1 week before I sit my first GSCE and now i am trying to decide what the hell happens after!!! I thought I had my plans sorted, I thought I wanted to be a nurse and do college and uni but now that doesn't appeal to me anymore! I will still enroll in my first year of college but I am completely against the idea of going to university but have no idea what job I can do that still pays well and doesn't require a degree and that I can get with very little experience and 18 years old, the nursing route still appeals to me but of course I need certain qualifications for that but help I have no idea what i want to do know and need some job suggestions and fasttttt!!!
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by megan_0802)
Im 16 and feel like I've hit a bit of a brick wall when it comes to my future, it is 1 week before I sit my first GSCE and now i am trying to decide what the hell happens after!!! I thought I had my plans sorted, I thought I wanted to be a nurse and do college and uni but now that doesn't appeal to me anymore! I will still enroll in my first year of college but I am completely against the idea of going to university but have no idea what job I can do that still pays well and doesn't require a degree and that I can get with very little experience and 18 years old, the nursing route still appeals to me but of course I need certain qualifications for that but help I have no idea what i want to do know and need some job suggestions and fasttttt!!!
Chill just focus on your exams and stop thinking about careers or what happens after, till after the exams.

Then do research and look at your options. There are plenty of books and methods to try and identify something suitable.

A levels give you the most options, but you could do an apprenticeship
or vocational training.
Miss tiara
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
After your exams I would definitley have a long hard think about what you want to be when you're older, going to college after school and then studying a HND, HNC or similar and getting qualified in something you enjoy, is far better in the long run then just working an average day job.

A lot of youngsters without the experience find themselves not being able to find a job and being stuck on benefits. You can't earn a lot even on a full time basis on a minimum wage job.
megan_0802
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Chill just focus on your exams and stop thinking about careers or what happens after, till after the exams.

Then do research and look at your options. There are plenty of books and methods to try and identify something suitable.

A levels give you the most options, but you could do an apprenticeship
or vocational training.
But i need to enroll for certain courses depending on what i want to do and the dead line is in a few weeks... just struggling on choosing a career path
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by megan_0802)
But i need to enroll for certain courses depending on what i want to do and the dead line is in a few weeks... just struggling on choosing a career path
Talk to a careers adviser and the college.. Things can always be sorted out. Its worse if you find yourself enrolled on a course you dont wish to be on. The college will know the deadlines.. If it were me id leave it till after the exams as it is just a distraction. You arent going very far if you mess your exams up.

https://nationalcareersservice.direc...ontact-us/home
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (57)
34.55%
The paper was reasonable (65)
39.39%
Not feeling great about that exam... (27)
16.36%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.7%

Watched Threads