The Student Room Group

A-levels Modular and Linear, help?

I'm currently sitting my AS exams. Originally, I was suppose to go on a foundation course. However, I have changed my mind. How will this affect me next year? Two of my subjects, psychology and economics are linear, how will this affect me if i am sitting the AS exams this year.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Thomasdc
I'm currently sitting my AS exams. Originally, I was suppose to go on a foundation course. However, I have changed my mind. How will this affect me next year? Two of my subjects, psychology and economics are linear, how will this affect me if i am sitting the AS exams this year.

It's not 100% clear, what problems are you foreseeing?
Reply 2
Not sure what you mean. If you take AS level exams this year then there is nothing to stop you taking A level next year, it is just that whatever grade you get this year does not contribute to the A level result next year.
Original post by Thomasdc
Two of my subjects, psychology and economics are linear, how will this affect me if i am sitting the AS exams this year.

All that happens is this years grade has no impact on your final A2 (A-Level) grade for those subjects, sixth forms usually use them to determine whether they'll allow you to carry on doing the course however.

Quick Reply

Latest