Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2017 OCR C1 official thread - 17th May Watch

• View Poll Results: How did you find this exam?
    Amazing! :woo:
    11.74%
    Good
    23.91%
    OKAY. :bebored:
    31.96%
    Bad... :cry2:
    14.57%
    HORRIBLE PAPER!!
    17.83%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chichaldo)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Some of the later 2016 ones are a bit tricky but nothing too taxing.
    Trying to think of a way to get A on its own was the hard part of the last question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big Lee)
    What is the hardest OCR C1 question you have all come across ?
    https://youtu.be/PE6pKz6Hu-w

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the paper today? What did everyone get for the value of K?

ReputationRep:
    it was really hard for a core 1. But i still managed to answer pretty much everything unlike last years 1. i got -27/12 for K

ReputationRep:

uh oh- i messed that up bad...........

ReputationRep:
    -1/324 skr skr

ReputationRep:
    I got k value for -9/4 (simplified)

I think you had to work out the gradient of the second equation which was 6, and then use -1/6 as the gradient when you work out k because the question says normal.

Also, this may seem dumb, but I thought rational number meant mixed fractions. Would I lose a mark if I left my answer in mixed fractions in the 1st question?

Also what did everyone get for the last question?

ReputationRep:
    I got k=81 as it was parallel to the normal and I didn't think I had to find the -1/gradient of the normal.

ReputationRep:
    I think I got K= -8.5/3 lol

ReputationRep:
    Having experienced driving a rusty green mid 80's vauxhall I am qualified to say that this test was extremely unpleasant

ReputationRep:
    That paper was OKAY , I have a feeling that there was some question that I messed up on ! But anywho. Gotta wait for C2 and S1 now !!
    The questions made sense however I just got to breaking point and froze on some questions because of the immense pressure. And now I just feel like that this is the final chapter.........................

ReputationRep:
    it wasnt that bad guys compared to last yearGet over yourselvesevery1 complains about c1 but its not that badjust wait till C2/3/4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys get for the C value?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HungarianTamil)
    What did you guys get for the C value?

ReputationRep:
    I got k= 9/4
    And c= -12

ReputationRep:
    any1 writing an unofficial mark scheme?!?

ReputationRep:
    Guys what did everyone get for K I am totes freaking out rn, like absolutely ******** one. I got 81 yes one fat ladies and a kellys eye. All my BFFS got -9/4. Also what did everyone get for the area?!?!?!?!?!?! thanks mathematicians

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the equation for 10 i)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.