The Student Room Group

Ukcat & bmat

I've just finished my mocks so thought that now would be a good time to start preparing for my admissions tests. However, I was just wondering what would be the best way to prepare? BMAT has a new testing date on September 9th (so you would know your final score before UCAS) or in November. UKCAT has various testing dates from July.

Other than a part-time job, I have a week's summer school (I can continue to revise) and also two weeks holiday (14th-29th August - mostly in the car so I could get lots done). When do you think the best time to take each test would be?
If I were you I'd do the UKCAT asap and the BMAT in september. You need roughly a month for UKCAT prep and a bit more for the BMAT. You need to revise the sciences for the BMAT so the time you spend in the car could be a good time to do that. :smile:
Original post by StationToStation
If I were you I'd do the UKCAT asap and the BMAT in September. You need roughly a month for UKCAT prep and a bit more for the BMAT. You need to revise the sciences for the BMAT so the time you spend in the car could be a good time to do that. :smile:

That sounds like a great plan! I'm just waiting until I've been to the Oxford and Cambridge open day before I decide because Oxford will not accept the September test for the BMAT.
Reply 3
Hey there :-) I agree with StationtoStation, whilst you work when you're going to do your BMAT, try and get your UKCAT out of the way before the end of the summer. It's worth booking your test early as spaces at the test centres can fill up pretty quickly and your can always postpone your test if the date approaches and you don't feel ready. We usually recommend about 4-5 weeks of preparation, feel free to check out our website for some free resources :-)

Best of luck,

Alex, 4th year medic

6med

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending