The Student Room Group

History & Politics: where should i apply?

I'm going to apply for 2018 (as I'm in Year 12 now) and I want to do History & Politics joint honours at uni. I'm currently predicted A*AA (A* in History, As in Politics and English Lit) but I think its more realistically I'll get AAA or AAB. I've booked open days for Nottingham and Warwick so far, and will be booking for Edinburgh. Where else is good (and not good) for this grade range? Its a bit tricky to find lots of choices as a lot of unis don't do the programme. Thank you!!
Original post by catherineoxley12
I'm going to apply for 2018 (as I'm in Year 12 now) and I want to do History & Politics joint honours at uni. I'm currently predicted A*AA (A* in History, As in Politics and English Lit) but I think its more realistically I'll get AAA or AAB. I've booked open days for Nottingham and Warwick so far, and will be booking for Edinburgh. Where else is good (and not good) for this grade range? Its a bit tricky to find lots of choices as a lot of unis don't do the programme. Thank you!!

Understand the nature of risk and have a punt on Oxford or Cambridge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ageshallnot
Understand the nature of risk and have a punt on Oxford or Cambridge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The only for Oxbridge is that my GCSEs are by no stretch of the imagination strong enough for it- 2A*s, 8As and a B. Would love to go to Oxford though haha
Original post by catherineoxley12
The only for Oxbridge is that my GCSEs are by no stretch of the imagination strong enough for it- 2A*s, 8As and a B. Would love to go to Oxford though haha

You would stand more chance at Cambridge, in that case. They interview most people who are on track to meet the standard offer, i.e. A*AA for your proposed subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending