The Student Room Group

Edexcel C1 I made an arithmetic mistake marks

Hello guys I was doing a past paper on Edexcel and I made a small mistake on my calculations when integrating.After that I had to use the equation therefore I got the wrong result I am trying to work out how someone will mark this because my method was right but I got the wrong result due to the first mistake.Do I get any method marks and if so how many the particular question was out of 5 I had did correct the first part so I got 2 marks for that do I get any other marks or not ? The past papers was C1 June 2008 Question 11 Any help or opinion would be helpful thanks guys :wink:
Original post by Eva65
Hello guys I was doing a past paper on Edexcel and I made a small mistake on my calculations when integrating.After that I had to use the equation therefore I got the wrong result I am trying to work out how someone will mark this because my method was right but I got the wrong result due to the first mistake.Do I get any method marks and if so how many the particular question was out of 5 I had did correct the first part so I got 2 marks for that do I get any other marks or not ? The past papers was C1 June 2008 Question 11 Any help or opinion would be helpful thanks guys :wink:

In maths there are no follow through marks. Once there is a mistake marks can longer be attained. Hope that answers your question. I know its harsh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending