The Student Room Group

How to be more confident in exams?

Title
m8 I literally started crying in my maths mock exam, so if anyone responds to this with advice pls quote me thanks
Revise beforehand 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Prepare well beforehand. However if you don't prepare well you can always pray to Pepe as you are walking in
Nah the best thing to do is keep telling yourself "I'm excited!"
It's honestly the best thing to do. Excitement and anxiety are similar so move your brain to excitement. Does work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Justin.Reid2000
Nah the best thing to do is keep telling yourself "I'm excited!"
It's honestly the best thing to do. Excitement and anxiety are similar so move your brain to excitement. Does work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ayyy did you watch that BBC Documentary on how to deal with stress too?
Original post by saffarinda
m8 I literally started crying in my maths mock exam, so if anyone responds to this with advice pls quote me thanks

revision and remembering that you just have to stay calm during the test. especially for maths:smile:
You need some sort of coping mechanism during your exam. I would say maybe prepare in advance (revision and stuff). but throughout your exam, you could maybe eat a sweet at the beginning to help you overcome the fear. I knew someone who took ice cubes into her exam to help her. you could also talk tp staff to see I they can place you in a smaller room or move you to a time with lowers students in etc.
By the time you are in the exam its too late, just promise yourself you will be Mr/Ms Brainbox for the next 2-3hrs and try your best.
1. Print the specification for your exam board and subject-so that you can learn all the content that you are required to for the chosen exam board and subject.
2. Do as much practise papers-learn how to answer exam questions under exam conditions to prepare your mind for the real exam but it will also be a form of revision so that you are aware of what you know and what you don't know and so focus on what to revise.
Also helps with how to structure your answer and answer some command words-e.g. describe or the keywords to use to gain points.
3. Flashcards, Mind-maps, summarised notes- easier to revise from for your final exams.
The secret is to stop giving a **** but still give enough of a **** to where you still revise :smile:.
Original post by saffarinda
ayyy did you watch that BBC Documentary on how to deal with stress too?

No I didn't, I just knew about it for a long time :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The best thing to do is revise till your exam day commences. Once you've done enough studying, use the day before the exam to go over your notes and sleep on time.

Do not go over your notes on the day of the exam as it tends to make people feel more anxious and confused.

You need time to digest the information and memorise it.

When you enter the exam room, try to stay calm as it helps you to perform better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SuperHuman98
Title

Pray.
Original post by babyshawte
The best thing to do is revise till your exam day commences. Once you've done enough studying, use the day before the exam to go over your notes and sleep on time.

Do not go over your notes on the day of the exam as it tends to make people feel more anxious and confused.

You need time to digest the information and memorise it.

When you enter the exam room, try to stay calm as it helps you to perform better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks my first 2 exams are afternoon so I plan on doing exam Qs/plans/paragraphs in the morning

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending