Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i got 476 in economis, and 473 in chemistry. so yesterday i decided to send module 4 and module 5 for remarking for chem , and 2 modules for economics. How likely is it that u think my grades will be changed? please reply

ReputationRep:
    You get your money back even if your mark mark increases by 1 right?

ReputationRep:
    yup, u do but how likely is it that i will get 4 marks from 2 modules of econ and 7 from 2 modules of chem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princess)
    yup, u do but how likely is it that i will get 4 marks from 2 modules of econ and 7 from 2 modules of chem
    I know that if your grade doesn't change there's an extra charge, but perhaps that's just with Edexcel. According to them grades rarely change and there's always a possibility your marks will drop.

ReputationRep:
    I got 459 in economics, my module grades are like

AAAAAU .. so I'm really suspicious of that U, I figure they'd have to mark it down to like 9 marks for me to drop to a C in economics and lose my Cambridge place. I'm going to go and get the remark, unless anybody here tells me it'd be a really dumb idea and to just accept a B and goto Cambridge. I really think I should have gotten enough points for an A on this paper. Does anybody think I shouldn't get the remark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    I got 459 in economics, my module grades are like

AAAAAU .. so I'm really suspicious of that U, I figure they'd have to mark it down to like 9 marks for me to drop to a C in economics and lose my Cambridge place. I'm going to go and get the remark, unless anybody here tells me it'd be a really dumb idea and to just accept a B and goto Cambridge. I really think I should have gotten enough points for an A on this paper. Does anybody think I shouldn't get the remark?
    That's rather odd. If it doesn't jeopardize your place at Cambridge then go for it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking maybe I could deserve that mark, we got a new teacher for the last module, and he broke his jaw or something dumb and wasn't there, when he got back in action he didn't know what we were doing. So maybe I entirely missed the point of the module. I wonder what the rest of the class got.

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine had her French remarked (she had a high B, and wanted an A). She went down to a low C. If it aint broke, don't fix it I say, especially not when your uni place rests on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    A friend of mine had her French remarked (she had a high B, and wanted an A). She went down to a low C. If it aint broke, don't fix it I say, especially not when your uni place rests on it.
    Oh crikey, think I will leave it be.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to put you off if you think you did better in that module and deserve a better mark. Just thought I'd make clear that it really can go either way, and some exam boards are often very reluctant to admit they under-marked you

ReputationRep:
    If you were to move down a grade- this would not affect Cam accepting you. In theory, you would have to literally go down to 0 to move down a grade? What was your mark for the paper ( i know you got a U for it) , but if you were to drop to a 0 , would this move you down to a C?

ReputationRep:
    My last economics module was a little off too. Did you do the EdExcel exam?

I got AAABBE... which averaged out to a B, which was CRAP because I think if it had been a little higher than an E, I may have gotten an overall A.

I'm not risking remarking it though, I'm taking a gap year anyway so I'm just retaking.

ReputationRep:
    I have the grades& got into my uni but don't know weather it would be worth asking to get a remark on my bio. Have got 90's and high 80's in all of my modules - but the last module was really low in comparison which brought the opverall mark down to a B. I thought it went ok, so do u reckon it'd be worth getting a remark??

ReputationRep:
    If you challenge an exam result if it drops the highest one stands I thought for the same reason as retakes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    I don't think it does, or else you could re-mark everything knwoing that you're guaranteed to get no worse.
    You could but it's not exactly cheap though. This could act as deterrent, but if I don't see why you should drop marks in this situation. There will be nothing changed dropping a few marks usually, but more if you go up a few if it means a B to an A etc.

ReputationRep:
    i got a really low mark in 1 of my modules so i sent that bk and another for urgent remark cos i ended up wiv a B and needed an A 4 my uni! i had to sign a form 2 say they cud go down! just waiting now? ne ideas wen ill find out result-prob this wk i assume!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    If you challenge an exam result if it drops the highest one stands I thought for the same reason as retakes?
    Absolute crap I'm afraid. My friend went from a high B to a low C, and the C stood as her official result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Yeah I thought that was the case as well. I'd never heard it mentioned otherwise. Obviously not though.

Lots of people from my school got their psychology remarked last year, and every single person's mark went up significantly and for most it pushed their final grade up.

ReputationRep:
    I got a remark done in Jan - it went up by 10 UMS marks, so it is possible.
    I've actually just applied for another remark in my English Lit. I only needed 10 more marks to get an A overall. I got 80/120 on one of the papers when I was certain I could get atleast 90-95. I've got nothing to lose though since I'm on a high B right now.. :rolleyes:

If your remark result is lower by the way, it stands as the final mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenna999)
    Lots of people from my school got their psychology remarked last year, and every single person's mark went up significantly and for most it pushed their final grade up.
    How many is lots? I am concerned.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.