Navel piercing not healing??? Watch

danuuutka
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I had my piercing done in November 2016. So it is about 5-6 months. I've been cleaning it every day, twice a day with a sea salt solution, I haven the been playing with it, and I haven't worn tight or high waisted clothing. However, regardless of this it doesn't seem to be healing...

This might be a bit TMI, but basically the top hole of my piercing looks perfect, I get a tiny crusty every few weeks but nothing much. And then there's my bottom hole - this keeps bleeding, having crusties to the point where the bottom ball gets stuck to my skin etc. I've been to see my piercer, and he said it's not infected and just to keep cleaning it the way I do - that was in January, and still nothing has helped! The skin around the bottom hole is red and slightly raised, so it really doesn't seem to be healing. What shall I do? I really don't want to have to take it out, because I love it, it's just being a bit of a pain right now..
Rhythmical
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Is this your ear lobe? I had a similar issue where my ear lobe would bleed in one ear and not the other and it wasn't infected, despite me cleaning it..
danuuutka
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rhythmical)
Is this your ear lobe? I had a similar issue where my ear lobe would bleed in one ear and not the other and it wasn't infected, despite me cleaning it..
Sorry I didn't not think I clarified! It's my belly button that I have a piercing in!
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by danuuutka)
So I had my piercing done in November 2016. So it is about 5-6 months. I've been cleaning it every day, twice a day with a sea salt solution, I haven the been playing with it, and I haven't worn tight or high waisted clothing. However, regardless of this it doesn't seem to be healing...

This might be a bit TMI, but basically the top hole of my piercing looks perfect, I get a tiny crusty every few weeks but nothing much. And then there's my bottom hole - this keeps bleeding, having crusties to the point where the bottom ball gets stuck to my skin etc. I've been to see my piercer, and he said it's not infected and just to keep cleaning it the way I do - that was in January, and still nothing has helped! The skin around the bottom hole is red and slightly raised, so it really doesn't seem to be healing. What shall I do? I really don't want to have to take it out, because I love it, it's just being a bit of a pain right now..
I would go back to your piercer again. Try cleaning it with just warm water for a while as well, because the salt will be drying it out by this point. If the piercer doesn't think it's infected, ask them to replace the bar for a longer one at least. I'd also consider asking for a titanium one, just in case you're sensitive to the metal they used. I had a steel ear plug in for years and it never healed right, was always sore and gross, and put a silicone one in the other week and it's absolutely fine now. I thought I'd be okay with steel even though I usually can't wear it because of a nickel allergy because it never got infected of anything like it had in the past, but I was wrong. If the ball at the end is getting stuck to your skin, it sounds like it's a bit on the short side and that will irritate it as well
danuuutka
Rep:
?
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
I would go back to your piercer again. Try cleaning it with just warm water for a while as well, because the salt will be drying it out by this point. If the piercer doesn't think it's infected, ask them to replace the bar for a longer one at least. I'd also consider asking for a titanium one, just in case you're sensitive to the metal they used. I had a steel ear plug in for years and it never healed right, was always sore and gross, and put a silicone one in the other week and it's absolutely fine now. I thought I'd be okay with steel even though I usually can't wear it because of a nickel allergy because it never got infected of anything like it had in the past, but I was wrong. If the ball at the end is getting stuck to your skin, it sounds like it's a bit on the short side and that will irritate it as well
Thanks for the advice! The bar I have in currently is super long, and as I do regular exercise and I'm sat down a lot because of studying, I think that's why the ball keeps getting stuck, because the top ball sticks out of my skin soooo much!
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by danuuutka)
Thanks for the advice! The bar I have in currently is super long, and as I do regular exercise and I'm sat down a lot because of studying, I think that's why the ball keeps getting stuck, because the top ball sticks out of my skin soooo much!
Ah, it could be that it's too long then and is getting pulled around a bit and getting quite irritated, especially with exercise
username2459953
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Mine was the same for the first year of having it but I just kept it in and all was good. I only changed it after a year of having it done. If you shower everyday it should be enough to clean it but otherwise I'd just stick to once a day cleaning. Over cleaning irritates it too. Mine got worse because of touching it all the time so try not to do that like
fayesimpson232
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have exactly the same problem and I don't know what to do about it, please tell me if yours got better or not because I'm paranoid af about this but I don't wanna get rid of it cos it makes my tub look pretty but it stings all the time n I keep on getting paranoid it's a rejection but it's not because it literally is exactly what you've explained
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.95%
No I am happy with my course choice (487)
58.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.51%

Watched Threads