Gender equality will never be reached Watch

username3118072
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
From birth, male and female have been separated as two different genders, two different people and (by nature) two different spectrum of capabilities.

The way that their bodies are, signify that by nature, men and women are not the same and can never be the same. The way that women are more emotional, signify their capability are children bearers and the way men are more muscular show that they have the more laborious job of breadwinning. Men are arguably more emotionally stable, which is probably why women stayed at home in the past, before we manipulated nature in the 21st century.

I believe there is no way on earth, that we can achieve gender equality. We have always been different from birth naturally for a reason. If we manipulate nature, things can get confusing...

There are some things men absolutely decimate women at, such as strength... and other things that they can not, such as expressing emotion. But that is just part of the fact that we are inevitably different.
SublimeArchon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I agree, just don't feel egalitarianism is practical.
HAnwar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well said.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username2097061
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 321161e11)
The way that their bodies are, signify that by nature, men and women are not the same and can never be the same.
Agreed. (Just to clarify, do you mean anatomical features when you say "the way their bodies are"?)

The way that women are more emotional, signify their capability are children bearers
Children require (ideally) both parents for maximum social development (imo) and therefore the father is a key part of the puzzle.

From nature's perspective (as you keep referring to it), perhaps being so emotional is infact a disadvantage for being a child bearer as over-reactions to inevitable shortcomings would frequently occur and thus rationality drops.

the way men are more muscular show that they have the more laborious job of breadwinning. Men are arguably more emotionally stable, which is probably why women stayed at home in the past, before we manipulated nature in the 21st century.
You're confusing correlation with causation.

Can you show that it's purely genetics (and not un-natural interference) which originally caused males to be more muscular? I can easily counter by saying that it was a generalised oppression to women to keep them house bound whilst men worked and therefore both bodies developed to different stimuli.

I believe there is no way on earth, that we can achieve gender equality. We have always been different from birth naturally for a reason. If we manipulate nature, things can get confusing...
Agreed. We cannot achieve absolute gender equality. I now ask you regarding gender equity?

There are some things men absolutely decimate women at, such as strength... and other things that they can not, such as expressing emotion. But that is just part of the fact that we are inevitably different.
Surely "inevitably different" means anatomically and not personality or power, as they vary?

Anyway, can you demonstrate that both genders were treated equally and then this is how our bodies "naturally" developed, as opposed to humans interfering and deciding gender roles?
GUMI
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I sexually Identify as WOH G64, an M4 class star roughly 163,000 light years from earth. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of undergoing stellar nucelosynthesis. People say to me that a person being a giant burning ball of plasma is Impossible and I'm ****ing retarded but I don't care, You can't even look at me without eye damage. I'm having doctors inject me with 1.989 × 1027 tons of helium gas to become closer to my true form. From now on I want you guys to call me " Stellar Object J04551048-6820298" and respect my right to fuse large quantities of hydrogen into helium. If you can't accept me you're a stellerphobe and need to check your cosmic privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.
Ladbants
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I agree, we are different in some ways
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (280)
15.48%
The paper was reasonable (1007)
55.67%
Not feeling great about that exam... (387)
21.39%
It was TERRIBLE (135)
7.46%

Watched Threads