The Student Room Group

How to revise for english lit

Apart from revision cards how else do I revise for context, characters and themes. I have sticky notes with quotes around the house but I don't find things such as revision mind maps helpful. Any suggestions?
Original post by Kxslxyy
Apart from revision cards how else do I revise for context, characters and themes. I have sticky notes with quotes around the house but I don't find things such as revision mind maps helpful. Any suggestions?

Have you made character profiles which include adjectives to describe their personalities, key events they are involved in, and themes they are associated with? Hopefully this should help to cover all your bases :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by brainzistheword
Have you made character profiles which include adjectives to describe their personalities, key events they are involved in, and themes they are associated with? Hopefully this should help to cover all your bases :smile:

I'm really Confident with the characters I'm more worried about quotes and forgetting them as well as context
The technique I usually suggest for students I have taught is to keep quotes really short. It's easier to remember individual words or phrases of 2-3 words than great long quotes. If you only remember one word about Birling, for example, you can write it into a sentence like this: 'At the beginning of the play, Birling is described as [insert word here]. However, as the play develops....'
Reply 4
Original post by darrencoxon
The technique I usually suggest for students I have taught is to keep quotes really short. It's easier to remember individual words or phrases of 2-3 words than great long quotes. If you only remember one word about Birling, for example, you can write it into a sentence like this: 'At the beginning of the play, Birling is described as [insert word here]. However, as the play develops....'

The majority of my quotes are 1-2 words but I have a few which are a short sentence, I find it a lot easier to remember shorter quotes but there is so many for several books.
Yes totally agree. Remember: you are not expected to remember dozens of them. I'm sure you'll do well. Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending