Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

History Paper 1 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if for paper 1 we could choose to answer a different prescribed subject than what our teacher taught?? My teacher registered to teach us the move to global war, but I answered the prescribed subject rights and protests instead.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're supposed to to which ever one your teacher taught you, hence the 'prescribed' subject. We wre told that the examiners are sent the school's syllabus so that they can allocate the specific topics to specific markers. However, I cannot confirm this 100% as they might have been telling us that to avoid students trying to learn a different topic. Also, the paper is very time pressured so technically you can't really have the time to read through the different options if you want to write a good answer (especially part d hahaha). I'm only talling you what I was told so don't take my word for it! Hope it went well anyway! My school was taught Rights and Protests so I did that one too!

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.