Thegalactichalo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
As a prospective SOAS undergraduate in Korean And Chinese I'm curious to understand why there is such a bad rep behind the uni itself, the horror stories I've been hearing are really bugging me and I'm not sure what to think any more.

The advice of a current/ previous student who studied there would be so helpful to help me understand the cons to going to the uni and also I would like to know if there are any people out there who actually enjoyed the experience? Funnily enough I've only seen bad things being said, it scares me 😂
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Thegalactichalo)
As a prospective SOAS undergraduate in Korean And Chinese I'm curious to understand why there is such a bad rep behind the uni itself, the horror stories I've been hearing are really bugging me and I'm not sure what to think any more.

The advice of a current/ previous student who studied there would be so helpful to help me understand the cons to going to the uni and also I would like to know if there are any people out there who actually enjoyed the experience? Funnily enough I've only seen bad things being said, it scares me 😂
Not a SOAS student, but I've never heard that it has a bad reputation. Consider that people with good things to say about a place rarely take the time to do so, which is why you usually over ever read bad things online. I'm not sure if there are any current SOAS students on this site or not, but if you don't hear from one then have a look to see if there are any SOAS facebook student groups.
sophia5892
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Thegalactichalo)

I've not heard bad things about SOAS either. As far as I was concerned it's *the* best place for Asian studies! I studied in Japan alongside some SOAS students and they all seemed pretty happy - other than saying the course was very intensive, but that's a bit of a given when you choose to study a language like Japanese!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (126)
14.63%
I'm not sure (38)
4.41%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (261)
30.31%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.56%
I'm not a current university student (414)
48.08%

Watched Threads