DebbyWu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello!
This is Debby from Taiwan. I would go to Durham University to study graduate program in June 2017, there are few questions as following,

1. Does anyone want to sell your room furniture?
2.I will travel in U.K. for few days before my classes beginning, while I want to know which city do people suggest ?( Manchester or London)

Thank you for your respond, it's my first time to invite this web. If there are any things I should notice, please do not hesitate to let me know.
durhamdunce
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DebbyWu)
Hello!
This is Debby from Taiwan. I would go to Durham University to study graduate program in June 2017, there are few questions as following,

1. Does anyone want to sell your room furniture?
2.I will travel in U.K. for few days before my classes beginning, while I want to know which city do people suggest ?( Manchester or London)

Thank you for your respond, it's my first time to invite this web. If there are any things I should notice, please do not hesitate to let me know.
1. Assuming you live in college (in a dorm), you will already have furniture, and your room will likely not be large enough to have additional furniture. If you live out, most landlords already have some furniture in the house (you can check with them directly)

2. London has more things to do, but if it's only a few days then Manchester might be alright as well. Manchester is closer to Durham by train. Just choose whatever city is cheaper to fly into, you will have plenty of free time to go travelling during the academic year anyways.
DebbyWu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello,

Thank you for your response.

Best regards,
Debby

[Qear Sir/MUOTE=durhamdunce;71449132]1. Assuming you live in college (in a dorm), you will already have furniture, and your room will likely not be large enough to have additional furniture. If you live out, most landlords already have some furniture in the house (you can check with them directly)

2. London has more things to do, but if it's only a few days then Manchester might be alright as well. Manchester is closer to Durham by train. Just choose whatever city is cheaper to fly into, you will have plenty of free time to go travelling during the academic year anyways.[/QUOTE]
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 29 Jun '20
  • Durham University
    Sat, 4 Jul '20
  • Durham University
    Fri, 18 Sep '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.52%
No I haven't decided yet (57)
22.62%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.86%

Watched Threads