OCR AS Physical Education - 23/05/2017 - how we all feeling? Watch

emilyjean113
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello!

I havent seen a discussion thread for OCR AS PE so I thought I'd start one here! Just wondered how everyone was feeling for paper 1?

Does anyone have any revision tips they would like to share for the biomechanics section? Like what do you think the best way would be to revise this section of the course?

Thank you!
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Danny Dorito)
x
emilyjean113
Rep:
?
(Original post by TSR Jessica)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
Spoiler:
Show

There isnt a subject forum for PE on TSR :/
hevbow
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by emilyjean113)
Hello!

I havent seen a discussion thread for OCR AS PE so I thought I'd start one here! Just wondered how everyone was feeling for paper 1?

Does anyone have any revision tips they would like to share for the biomechanics section? Like what do you think the best way would be to revise this section of the course?

Thank you!
Hey darl! I'm resitting my AS exam (I'm in year 13).

My best revision tips, esp for the biomech section, would be that once you've got all the knowledge, through notes and lessons, do closed-book past papers either at home or in your frees, then mark them yourself. Go through with a red pen and WRITE IN all the points/marks you may have missed. I got a U last year in AS but I'm predicted an A* for A level - the biggest downfall with PE is not being familiar with the 'buzzwords' in the questions and how picky they can be on the markschemes! Best of luck babe xo
LightsOut.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How do you guys think it went?
emilyjean113
Rep:
?
(Original post by LightsOut.)
How do you guys think it went?

hevbow emilyjean113
I really enjoyed the paper! The biomechanics section wasn't what I was expecting, but it was still really good for me. I didn't really like the 10 marker but I'd done enough revision to answer it sort-of-well. The first question was a bit tricky, you know the one with the gymnast doing the splits mid air? Other than that it went really well, how did you find it?
LightsOut.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by emilyjean113)
I really enjoyed the paper! The biomechanics section wasn't what I was expecting, but it was still really good for me. I didn't really like the 10 marker but I'd done enough revision to answer it sort-of-well. The first question was a bit tricky, you know the one with the gymnast doing the splits mid air? Other than that it went really well, how did you find it?
Yh the first one did have me thinking I put pectoralis major which is right but i couldn't think of an antagonist and put down sternocleidomastoid lol.
And did the muscle fiber qs say functional or structural properties cos i read it as functions but peeps are saying it was structual?
Manchester12345
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I'm pretty sure it was functional and not structural... Has anyone come across or created an unofficial mark scheme yet, cheers.
emilyjean113
Rep:
?
(Original post by Manchester12345)
Hi, I'm pretty sure it was functional and not structural... Has anyone come across or created an unofficial mark scheme yet, cheers.
Nah I haven't come across one, I would make one but I can't get hold of the paper, let me know if you find one though! How did you guys find the 10 marker?
hannah178
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not too bad what did you write for it
LightsOut.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hannah178)
Not too bad what did you write for it

if you can remember the 10 marker qs i can pull up markschemes for them and create a mini ms
hannah178
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
if you can remember the 10 marker qs i can pull up markschemes for them and create a mini ms
For the second paper the 10 marker about arousal and learning theories wasn't it, but can't remember the 10 marker for the first paper
Ryndvdmddn
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Btec football for life

Posted from TSR Mobile
hgsajdkd
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi it would really help me if you could let me know what topics were on the test and what the 10 mark question was. Thanks
wbv009
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
do you remember any of the AS skill acquisition section
AdamMOHAMED12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi has anyone got the PE ocr 2017 as past papers would like to try them?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 12 Dec '19
  • Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?