Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

How did that exam go?! The 2017 GCSE exam sentiment thread! Watch

• TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

It's that time of year again! Use smileys to rate how you think each of your exams went

Post in this thread each day you have exams, stating the subject and the exam board, and use a smiley to sum up how you feel it went. Like this:

Exam Subject:
    Exam Board:
    Level:

Feeling great
    Happy
    Not sure
    Not good
    Failed?!

Rules:

this will make the results more representative. don't worry about spamming- if everyone does this we can find out how the feeling for that individual exam was as well as for GCSEs as a whole. as this will affect our stats.

Each week we'll make a pretty pie chart to see what the general sentiment is Have fun and good luck in your exams!

You can find the A-level thread here.

ReputationRep:
    This is a very good idea! Will do this next week when I have my RS Exam on Wednesday !

ReputationRep:
    :mad: I had my Art exam on like Wednesday and Thursday, pretty sure it's the only subject I'm going to fail as I don't think I finished most of my coursework or the writing lmao. I'm more good at acadmical exam subjects with little to no coursework.

ReputationRep:
    Exam subject: GCSE PE practical
    Exam board: Edexcel
    I had this exam around a month ago, and I'm feeling about it, because I don't think I performed as well as I should, in Football and Coaching, but smashed it for Fitness and Badminton, so we shall see!

ReputationRep:
    Exam Subject: Accounting
    Exam Board: Edexcel
    Level: IGCSE

ReputationRep:
    Sociology exam tomorrow D:

ReputationRep:
    Do u you think your ready for GCSE PE theory testImma flop but i did good in practical ngl.

ReputationRep:
    Exam Subject: RE Unit 3
    Exam Board: Edexcel
    Level: Not sure whats meant by this? GCSE I guess?

The RE Exam was easy but the time they give you is just overkill on your hands it should be 1hr and 45/40 Minutes as opposted to 1hr and 30 Minutes. I knew all the answers however couldn't finish the last d Style question because of the time so I've already lost 6 marks there and probably one or two more. I need to get a perfect mark in the Mark's Gospel Exam to balance it out. Only Edexcel screws people over like this, I didn't even stop for a break I wrote for England. But now I'm on study leave so gonna start revising for Biology, at least I can count on OCR Science to be reasonable.

ReputationRep:
    Exam Subject: Religious Study
    Exam Board: AQA
    Level: GCSE

Went okay, but I know that I failed one question that was worth 4 marks. If I managed to get a B I will be happy. I blanked out 3 times though.
    4 weeks of exams [21exams] , it's too much..

ReputationRep:
    Exam Subject: RE Religion and Life Issues
    Exam Board: WJEC
    because most of the questions were okay, except for one where I wrote everything that came into my head- both relevant and irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    RS GCSE unit 6
    AQA
    It went okay! Think the boundaries will be 69 A* and 64 A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mysticmagic2000)
    RS GCSE unit 6
    AQA
    It went okay! Think the boundaries will be 69 A* and 64 A
    You're lucky knowing Edexcel it will probably be 95% and more for an A*. That Exam Board is the bane of my existence, the timing for that exam is so unreasonable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popsiclez)
    You're lucky knowing Edexcel it will probably be 95% and more for an A*. That Exam Board is the bane of my existence, the timing for that exam is so unreasonable.
    Lollll, I finished my RS one early - did you do it today? How did it go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mysticmagic2000)
    Lollll, I finished my RS one early - did you do it today? How did it go?
    Went alright knew everything, and all the keywords and all that. But the timing in an Edexcel RE exam, most people didnt finish the last question I think, I don't think i've ever written so hard in my whole life. They need to give Ten or Fifteen extra minutes tbh. I didn't finish the last D Style question and I had to add one more point to two of my C Style questions So I lost either 11 or 12 Marks. That or less. I honestly feel like Edexcel makes it difficult just for the bants.

ReputationRep:
    OCR GCSE RE - Ethics 1 :mad:

ReputationRep:
    OCR Gcse RE Perspective of World religion - :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popsiclez)
    yes i agree so much
    how did u guys find the ghosts and medium question - i wasn't sure how to put a religion in it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saz1001)
    yes i agree so much
    how did u guys find the ghosts and medium question - i wasn't sure how to put a religion in it
    that question was so difficult for referring to christianity, I don't even remember if I did! I didn't finish all of the questions, and I know there was so much more that I could have written. I'm relying on Marks Gospel to bring my grade up for sure!!!

ReputationRep:
    WJEC Religion and Life Issues. I think I did great. What do you guys think the Grade Boundaries will be like

ReputationRep:
    Exam Subject: Philosophy and Ethics Full Course. (Ethics 1 and Ethics 2 today).
    Exam Board: OCR.
    Level: GCSE.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.