The Student Room Group

I'm in love with my friend :(

I have had a massive crush on this guy, who lives on the other side of the world, for 4 years. We met online 4 years ago and were lucky enough to meet in real life a few times. We were really good friends, and he helped me through a tough time in my teenage life. He made me feel really special, and I genuinely thought we could become something. Though it was clear he only saw me as a good friend, and I was ok with that.

However, a year ago my heart was broken as I found out that he had got a girlfriend. Of course I was upset. He was too good for her, and I always wondered if they would have been together if we lived in the same country. I decided to cut all contact with him, to try to get over him. He kept telling me that he was the same guy I had met 4 years ago, and that nothing had changed between us, but I just couldn't deal with the jealousy. But since he was a huge part of my life, I kept coming back to him, as friends.

A year later, my crush still remains, as I feel like he is the only person that can make me feel genuinely happy, like how I felt whenever I got to spend time with him. I still feel ecstatic whenever he messages me/Skypes me, but then I go back to being extremely upset because I miss him (from when we last met) and I'm so jealous of his girlfriend still. But I need him in my life as he gives me hope and makes me feel happy and confident.

I know this is so long and confusing, but I just don't know how to deal with this messed up situation. Has anyone been in a similar situation? How did you cope?
How is he "too good for her"?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending