The Student Room Group

I liker her but....

I like her, we're friends, but she doesn't fancy me
What should I do?
(btw, I have told her how I feel about her but she said she sees me as a "brother")

Scroll to see replies

Keep being friends
Welcome to the 'Friend-Zone'.
Doesn't sound like you're going to get over her unless you stop being friends and block contact.

I think you have to put your feelings aside for a second and ask yourself 'do I really value this person's friendship or is it only because I like her?' And if you can afford not to be friends with her then go for that option,
Reply 4
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
Doesn't sound like you're going to get over her unless you stop being friends and block contact.

I think you have to put your feelings aside for a second and ask yourself 'do I really value this person's friendship or is it only because I like her?' And if you can afford not to be friends with her then go for that option,

without meaning to sound cheesy, she's the best friend I have ever had
Move on to better things.

I remember one of my best friends fancied me to bits. He told me and I didn't reciprocate the feelings and we continued to be friends after, however things just weren't the same and we kept getting into arguments because he'd saw I would be going out with other guys lol. So he broke the friendship off.

I still miss him and see him about but tbh it was the best thing for him to do to move on. Maybe one day he'll contact me again and we can go back to how things were or something idk.
Original post by RoyalSheepy

Myth
Reply 7
Original post by Fermion.
Move on to better things.

I remember one of my best friends fancied me to bits. He told me and I didn't reciprocate the feelings and we continued to be friends after, however things just weren't the same and we kept getting into arguments because he'd saw I would be going out with other guys lol. So he broke the friendship off.

I still miss him and see him about but tbh it was the best thing for him to do to move on. Maybe one day he'll contact me again and we can go back to how things were or something idk.

Would it bother you if your friend fancied you?
and would it bother you if you stayed friends and he still told you how he felt?
Original post by Anonymous
Would it bother you if your friend fancied you?
and would it bother you if you stayed friends and he still told you how he felt?

Nah wouldn't bother me, but it bothered him so he cut it off.
Original post by feministy
Myth

Myth = busted

Thanks. I always assumed girls would find it weird if they knew their friend fancied them. I can't imagine cutting her out of my life. Guess I will just have to aclimatise!

And I want her to be happy. She's dating other guys but it doesn't bother me coz it makes her happy!
Thanks. I always assumed girls would find it weird if they knew their friend fancied them. I can't imagine cutting her out of my life. Guess I will just have to aclimatise!

Yeh if you are comfortable with doing that then that's OK I'm sure she will be okay with it and get over it eventually and things will get back to normal
What should I do?
(btw, I have told her how I feel about her but she said she sees me as a "brother":wink:

It's because you lats are underdeveloped. I suggest heavy barbell rows and weighted pullups.

Hope this helpes :smile:
What should I do?
(btw, I have told her how I feel about her but she said she sees me as a "brother":wink:

It's because you lats are underdeveloped. I suggest heavy barbell rows and weighted pullups.

Hope this helps :smile:
Then just be friends.
Find someone else.

@Fermion. I hope you don't mind me asking you this. I have been thinking about this for the past few days now and it is really eating me up. I care about her enourmously but it just makes me so sad knowing we can't be more than just friends.

I think it is probably best if we stop being friends. Certainly for the time being, but maybe indefinitley.

How can I approach this topic delicately with her. I know there is no way to do it without upsetting her, but is there a way to do it to minimise the amount I upset her. I feel I can't go on with our friendship as it is, however much I would love to keep her in my life. I think about her all the time and it's just a little too emotionally consuming because I know she doesn't want anything more!
What should I do?
(btw, I have told her how I feel about her but she said she sees me as a "brother")

I think you should continue the friendship, because nothing bad happened between you two for you to "break away" from her.

However, leave your extra feelings for her behind and move forward.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What should I do?

siblings love each other.
She has a sisterly love for you, her "brother"
Original post by RoyalSheepy

Correction, 'Brother-Zone'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending