The Student Room Group

This is how to get 12/12 in r.s. E question (ocr)

In case any of you need help on how to answer the part e question, this usually gets me 12/12.

For example, if the question is "Abortion is never right. Discuss."

1. INTRODUCTION- Definition of key term in question
You would start the introduction with "Abortion is the termination of unborn baby." Then you might add a sentence on how this relates to the question.

2. YOUR OPINION- State it and then explain and expand on why you believe this

3. CHRISTIAN FOR ARGUMENT- Religion (+denomination) that is for the statement
Use P.E.E.- Point, Evidence (e.g. quote, scripture, philosopher, theodicies), Explanation
Like "A Roman Catholic may agree/disagree with me because they believe that abortion is always wrong. This is because the Ten Commandments in the Bible state that "thou shalt not kill". Roman Catholics believe that life begins at conception as the embryo has the potential to live, so by aborting, you are committing murder which is a sin." You can state any disagreements/flaws here.

4. CHRISTIAN AGAINST ARGUMENT
5. ANY RELIGION ANOTHER FOR ARGUMENT
6. ANY RELIGION ANOTHER AGAINST ARGUMENT

7. CONCLUSION- The usual R.S conc.
Write if your opinion has changed and what you think are strengths/weaknesses of all the religious arguments you have said.
(edited 6 years ago)
Thanks for this! I only ever seem to get 9 or 10 so I'll have a go at this. Good luck for the exam on Monday !
Bloody just what i needed thanks you are so helpful
Original post by MissMilkshake
In case any of you need help on how to answer the part e question, this usually gets me 12/12.

For example, if the question is "Abortion is never right. Discuss."

1. INTRODUCTION- Definition of key term in question
You would start the introduction with "Abortion is the termination of unborn baby." Then you might add a sentence on how this relates to the question.

2. YOUR OPINION- State it and then explain and expand on why you believe this

3. CHRISTIAN FOR ARGUMENT- Religion (+denomination) that is for the statement
Use P.E.E.- Point, Evidence (e.g. quote, scripture, philosopher, theodicies), Explanation
Like "A Roman Catholic may agree/disagree with me because they believe that abortion is always wrong. This is because the Ten Commandments in the Bible state that "thou shalt not kill". Roman Catholics believe that life begins at conception as the embryo has the potential to live, so by aborting, you are committing murder which is a sin." You can state any disagreements/flaws here.

4. CHRISTIAN AGAINST ARGUMENT
5. ANY RELIGION ANOTHER FOR ARGUMENT
6. ANY RELIGION ANOTHER AGAINST ARGUMENT

7. CONCLUSION- The usual R.S conc.
Write if your opinion has changed and what you think are strengths/weaknesses of all the religious arguments you have said.
Original post by galaxy7
Thanks for this! I only ever seem to get 9 or 10 so I'll have a go at this. Good luck for the exam on Monday !

Original post by roshanroy_7
Bloody just what i needed thanks you are so helpful

No problem and good luck to you too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest