Voi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What grade do you have or need to achieve to be successful in getting a place at Oxbridge? It would also be helpful to know what course you have applied for too.

Just curious.
capplicant
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Voi)
What grade do you have or need to achieve to be successful in getting a place at Oxbridge? It would also be helpful to know what course you have applied for too.

Just curious.
I have a conditional offer for Cambridge (MPhil in Advanced Computer Science), and I need to get a First on my undegrad. Which translates to a 100% in the Italian system.
Voi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by capplicant)
I have a conditional offer for Cambridge (MPhil in Advanced Computer Science), and I need to get a First on my undegrad. Which translates to a 100% in the Italian system.
Did they ask for a particular mark or just a 'first' I.e. 70+? What did you get in your first and second year?
capplicant
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Voi)
Did they ask for a particular mark or just a 'first' I.e. 70+? What did you get in your first and second year?
In the condition they clearly state the mark they want me to achieve. It basically says "Italian First" and "You must achieve a mark of at least 110/110 in your degree". I have a steady first (110 in the italian system) from my first year.

I think they always ask for a specific mark, but I am not sure of that. I have heard other people being asked "67" for example.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (114)
17.73%
It's just nice to be back! (177)
27.53%
Not great so far... (229)
35.61%
I want to drop out! (123)
19.13%

Watched Threads