Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anti-Climax watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else found that since they've got their results and now know that theyre going to Uni, the whole thing has just been a total let down?

I got sooooo worked up/anxious/excited before exam results, and now I just keep wondering what the hell I was worried about?

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly how you feel. Not all that great at the moment anymore!

ReputationRep:
    yeah I know what you mean, it was quite exiting getting them but then 5 minutes after I was bored of all the talking about them.. anticlimax is the right word

ReputationRep:
    I worried about my AS results, when I got them I was just worrying about getting uni offers. Even though they're good results it hasn't really felt like a weight off my shoulders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    I worried about my AS results, when I got them I was just worrying about getting uni offers. Even though they're good results it hasn't really felt like a weight of my shoulders.
    Aye, there's a lot of pressure on you all the way through till your final A2 results day. But it's a cliff edge of stress really. Afterwards it all seems...empty...not that I miss it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeWired)
    Aye, there's a lot of pressure on you all the way through till your final A2 results day. But it's a cliff edge of stress really. Afterwards it all seems...empty...not that I miss it
    Never fear you'll have 3 or 4 years of exam results you can get worked up about all over again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vladek)
    Never fear you'll have 3 or 4 years of exam results you can get worked up about all over again
    Why did I choose to do a 5 year course :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    I worried about my AS results, when I got them I was just worrying about getting uni offers. Even though they're good results it hasn't really felt like a weight off my shoulders.
    Yeah that's what I'm worried about too. In a way, getting offers can actually be more difficult than getting good grades

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I've already started to get worried about them. :rolleyes: Its a pain that never ends...

ReputationRep:
    Why did I choose to do a 5 year course :mad:
    Gluten for punishment? Thats ok though cos one of those years you won't have exams

Its wierd finishing uni for good though. Very wierd. 18 years of structured education comes to an abrupt end when you read your results on the notice board and start smileling like an insane cat.

ReputationRep:
    Don't try and hide it. You want it. You live for this heart-in-mouth ****, weirdo.

ReputationRep:
    Gluten for punishment? Thats ok though cos one of those years you won't have exams

Its wierd finishing uni for good though. Very wierd. 18 years of structured education comes to an abrupt end when you read your results on the notice board and start smileling like an insane cat.
    That's true, I look forward to the throwing up of those hats, needs to be done !

It's incredible how much structured education we need to go through.

(Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Don't try and hide it. You want it. You live for this heart-in-mouth ****, weirdo.

Thank you... *Secretly wants more exam stress - the masochist that I am*

ReputationRep:
    Oh right Results!! I thought you were on about summit else Never mind me, me and my dirty mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Has anyone else found that since they've got their results and now know that theyre going to Uni, the whole thing has just been a total let down?

I got sooooo worked up/anxious/excited before exam results, and now I just keep wondering what the hell I was worried about?
    where are you going...and what are you going to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    where are you going...and what are you going to do?
    York - Physics

ReputationRep:
    Thank you... *Secretly wants more exam stress - the masochist that I am*
    Perhaps all those who are emotionally scarred could go to some counselling sessions between now and...October!

You ungrateful *******s, I have no sympathy whatsoever. No sooner do you step off the treadmill, than you start to complain and fret!

You've done the business! Be happy.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.