The Student Room Group

Non means tested grant of £1000

Hi All,

I keep reading this everywhere:

"Don’t miss out on the non means tested grant of £1000 (for students whose course commenced on or after 1 September 2012 only). You must make a bursary application in order to receive this (paid pro rata for part-time students)." However nobody says which application I need to complete or if it is the BOSS one. Would you be able to help?

I have already submitted a BOSS application but it does not include any non means tested bursary if I am correct.

KF
Reply 1
Original post by kitefish
Hi All,

I keep reading this everywhere:

"Don’t miss out on the non means tested grant of £1000 (for students whose course commenced on or after 1 September 2012 only). You must make a bursary application in order to receive this (paid pro rata for part-time students)." However nobody says which application I need to complete or if it is the BOSS one. Would you be able to help?

I have already submitted a BOSS application but it does not include any non means tested bursary if I am correct.

KF

As I understand it, NHS bursaries are being phased out and if you start your course after August this year, you won't get one. You are expected to fund your course through the standard Student Finance system.
Reply 2
Hi Klix,

Thank for your email. No I would still be entitled to it because I live in Wales and I have got a place at Cardiff Uni. Welsh Government has kept both free Uni fees and available bursaries for healthcare courses and for those students committing to work in Wales 2 years after graduating. At least for this year, not too sure what will happen next!

Sounds like that the non-mean bursary though will be automatically received after submitting the BOSS application, so I was told today!

KF
Original post by Klix88
As I understand it, NHS bursaries are being phased out and if you start your course after August this year, you won't get one. You are expected to fund your course through the standard Student Finance system.
Is it just me or is the BOSS website down? Each time I try to log in, the server won't connect!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending