Accounting AQA Unit 1 - 16th May 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UsKmekwioz
Does rent received go in the i/s? I thought it went from expenses for the i/s

Yes it went under gross profit. as it is other income
Reply 81
Has anyone got the mark layout for each question
Reply 82
i got mine to balance at 454977, also for the rent and salaries and buisness rates, did anyone else treat it as a purchase ledger? so bal b/d goes on cr and payments/prepayments on dr?
1 a- cashbook (5)
** b- sales ledger (3)
** c- purchases ledger (3)
2- trade discount (1)
** - cash discount (1)
** - difference (3)
3 a- income statement (14)
** b- bad debt treatment (8)
** c- balance sheet (17)
4 prepaid & accrued account (9)
5 a- journal entries (11)
** b-effect of correction on profit (5)
I think it was this
Reply 84
But in the question they said narratives are not required. So you won't lose mark if you put right number in debit and credit. I think
Original post by star_2000
1 a- cashbook (5)
** b- sales ledger (3)
** c- purchases ledger (3)
2- trade discount (1)
** - cash discount (1)
** - difference (3)
3 a- income statement (14)
** b- bad debt treatment (8)
** c- balance sheet (17)
4 prepaid & accrued account (9)
5 a- journal entries (11)
** b-effect of correction on profit (5)
I think it was this

Was 2c not 4 marks?
Idk i could be wrong

And 3b what was the answer? :curious:
Original post by leor
But in the question they said narratives are not required. So you won't lose mark if you put right number in debit and credit. I think

When it says narratives it means explaining what you are doing, the titles will need to be correct (what you're debiting and crediting)
Original post by BintM
Didnt get the balance sheet to balance 😡
Realised property was there 5 minutes before the end...it was a literal mess
The rest of the paper was alright, could have had a better paper though. How did you find it?

my balance sheet was out by £60 then i found my error and got it to balance so happy!!

at first i was like wtf is this **** and then when i was doing it i was like nevermind this is a good paper
What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be like? Last year it was 60 to get A but I think it will be higher this year :/
Original post by Nl_Chandler
As a second year resitting, I found it pretty good paper, thankfully no horrible written Qs this year; what did people get for the last multiple choice on the sale invoice in purchase returns? Wasn't sure on that and put no change to profit.

i wrote no change as well because you
dr purchase returns
cr sales (or the other way round can't remember lol)

and a dr decreases profit and a cr increases profit so the net effect is 0
did anyone get 217714 or something similar for Net assets
Original post by jakebonnington
my balance sheet was out by £60 then i found my error and got it to balance so happy!!

at first i was like wtf is this **** and then when i was doing it i was like nevermind this is a good paper

Well doneee man that balance sheet was really getting on my nerves. What was the balancing figure?
Yeah at first i thought the paper was horrible but I managed to do it all except for the balance sheet :colonhash:
Original post by adam67065
It was decent you know
My balance sheet didnt balance and wtf were trade discounts and cash discounts.
Other than that all good.

i put that a cash discount is to encourage prompt payment and a trade discount is for bulk buying but idk if that's right? that was the one question i didn't know
did anyone get 217714 or something similar for Net assets. And what was the Net profit for the income statement.
Original post by qwerty19991
what did you get for the Net assest for the balance sheet

i got 454,883 not sure on the last 3 figures but definitely 454,000
Original post by qwerty19991
did anyone get 217714 or something similar for Net assets. And what was the Net profit for the income statement.

i got 454,883 for net assets and 217,000 and something for net profit
Original post by BintM
Well doneee man that balance sheet was really getting on my nerves. What was the balancing figure?
Yeah at first i thought the paper was horrible but I managed to do it all except for the balance sheet :colonhash:

£454,883 i think

think i ****ed up the last one though as i got 3 no change and everyone else has got less than that:s-smilie:
did you get 16000 to the income statement for the double entry book keeping question
Original post by jakebonnington
£454,883 i think

think i ****ed up the last one though as i got 3 no change and everyone else has got less than that:s-smilie:

Oh okay thankss

I got 2 no changes. Its okay because its only 1 mark you'd lose out on. Now for accn2...:cry:
Im kind of dreading it.
I'm praying that a 24 mark cash budget comes in like the one in the 2014 paper lol
Reply 99
I think it's much easier when you compare it to 2016's, you had double entry accounts like 4-5 of them for 21 marks and now you got an income statement + a balance sheet which is much easier and I'm pretty sure everyone can pick up some marks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending