wonwoos
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
My exams are starting from this week but I am just curious as to when people started revising for GCSE?

At the moment, I feel like I'm the only one who is a bit chill and starting revision like a week before. I mean... I do revise and I am focused when I do revise but I don't know how people revise like a month before?? I usually forget it all .. I think cramming sometimes works for me. I normally revised like the night before for my mocks and got A/A* and some Bs... (im not being cocky btw).
ghen_chude_che
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I started revising in January 2008 for June 2008 GCSE exams, I got 9 A*s 1 A

We are now in 2017, I am doing a PhD in finance.
username2994950
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by wonwoos)
My exams are starting from this week but I am just curious as to when people started revising for GCSE?

At the moment, I feel like I'm the only one who is a bit chill and starting revision like a week before. I mean... I do revise and I am focused when I do revise but I don't know how people revise like a month before?? I usually forget it all .. I think cramming sometimes works for me. I normally revised like the night before for my mocks and got A/A* and some Bs... (im not being cocky btw).
2 weeks before
amystks
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I started revising the subjects i was not as confident with around 1 month before, but that is because i had revision lessons when i had finished the course
I think it shouldnt be a problem when you revise, as long as you know you're prepared for the exam, it shouldnt matter
RazorM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ghen_chude_che)
I started revising in January 2008 for June 2008 GCSE exams, I got 9 A*s 1 A

We are now in 2017, I am doing a PhD in finance.
Sorry,
imundercover
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i'm starting to revise properly from today and my a level is on wednesday.......
ghen_chude_che
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How do you guys leave it so late? I was fully prepared for exams a month before exams. Though granted I did flop my A Levels, but screw it I'm doing what I love right now, robbing wall street.
wonwoos
Rep:
?
How do you guys leave it so late? I was fully prepared for exams a month before exams. Though granted I did flop my A Levels, but screw it I'm doing what I love right now, robbing wall street.
idk man... personally, a month seems too much for me. and when i say a week, i mean a whole week of like long hours or focused revision not just like 1 or 2 hours a day. also, procrastination is a huge thing for me and i tend to do well when im under pressure and cramming somehow helps?
and i tend to forget if i revise that early, but i guess that's my fault.

however, i do not think this is the right technique for everyone.
mrqasim
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

I started revising in the womb tbh
wonwoos
Rep:
?
(Original post by imundercover)
i'm starting to revise properly from today and my a level is on wednesday.......
okay, that makes me feel somewhat better :')
oh well.. as long as you revise and you still have 4 days worth of hardcore revision?
good luck
imundercover
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
okay, that makes me feel somewhat better :')
oh well.. as long as you revise and you still have 4 days worth of hardcore revision?
good luck
well if it makes you feel ever better: that revision i was "doing" today didn't happen.... shsnksks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bulletzone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
1-3 Weeks before.
Maths I revised an Hour before. :/
Science I revised months before.

Did better in maths
math42
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Usually I revised a few weeks before or less for any given exam. With some it was a matter of days. Well, with Welsh it was a matter of one night.. I got mostly A*s and a couple As.
arthoe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i crashed like 2-3 days before which occasionally is fine, but wouldn't recommend it because that messed me up in higher english this week

Posted from TSR Mobile
.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm doing what I love right now, robbing wall street.
Can you expand?
username2926188
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
never
username2108371
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey - I wouldn't worry if you started late. Honestly I started late every year and came out with a really good set of top grades! It's just about making your revision efficient, and effective: writing notes out again and again won't cut it. I made a video about the revision techniques I used (i'm now at uni, LSE), so hopefully it could help you out!
https://youtu.be/5cSyAR9bXAw
I'll be making more revision sort of videos too so let me know what you think or subscribe if you wanna see the others when they come out
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (292)
55.62%
I don't have everything I need (233)
44.38%

Watched Threads