ITLady
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello friends,

I have job experience of software developer in abroad and I moved to UK in dependent visa for my university degree. After that I had some career break due to family. Now I am searching for jobs in the same field.I get the calls from agencies but they ask about me n my previous qualifications and tell they will contact me later and they just disappear. Its very hard for me to find the job even if I have experience, university degree with distinction and software programming talent. Can you please help me suggest what shall I do?? Do I need to join any other training or something?? or should I change my career from software developer to IT support and networking? will training or any course will help me find any IT jobs ??

Thank you..
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ITLady)
Hello friends,

I have job experience of software developer in abroad and I moved to UK in dependent visa for my university degree. After that I had some career break due to family. Now I am searching for jobs in the same field.I get the calls from agencies but they ask about me n my previous qualifications and tell they will contact me later and they just disappear. Its very hard for me to find the job even if I have experience, university degree with distinction and software programming talent. Can you please help me suggest what shall I do?? Do I need to join any other training or something?? or should I change my career from software developer to IT support and networking? will training or any course will help me find any IT jobs ??

Thank you..
If you want IT specific jobs, you can consider gradcracker, one of the best sites for STEM jobs for graduates.
https://www.gradcracker.com/

Or you could try Milkround for all types of graduate jobs
http://www.milkround.com/

If you just want a normal job that's not a graduate role then try indeed.
https://www.indeed.co.uk/
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ITLady)
Hello friends,

Thank you..
Are you struggling to find jobs to apply to, or with the applications themselves?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (610)
33.78%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (757)
41.92%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (359)
19.88%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.43%

Watched Threads