aliciamia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
To those who are taking the AS media exam, could you tell me which case studies you have chosen for each representation, I am struggling with events and national/regional identity but if you could let me know if you have any rich texts that would be great
YuroStar
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there,

I'm resitting this exam, hate that we don't know whats coming up!! I reckon this year it will either be events or age, possibly even male rep so i'd revise these hard!

For events, i'm doing:

- Ashya King 2014 - Stolen from hospital and the different representation of the story in the media before and after the event (mainly The Sun, Daily Express, The Independent)

- Boston Bombings 2013 - Boston bomber's representation in Rolling Stone magazine.

For R&N Identity, i'm doing:

- Wayne Rooney Nike Ad 2006 (nice classic media text, very simple and easy to write about)

- Representation of St Georges Day (2015) in the Daily Mail
twhiddy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by YuroStar)
Hi there,

I'm resitting this exam, hate that we don't know whats coming up!! I reckon this year it will either be events or age, possibly even male rep so i'd revise these hard!

For events, i'm doing:

- Ashya King 2014 - Stolen from hospital and the different representation of the story in the media before and after the event (mainly The Sun, Daily Express, The Independent)

- Boston Bombings 2013 - Boston bomber's representation in Rolling Stone magazine.

For R&N Identity, i'm doing:

- Wayne Rooney Nike Ad 2006 (nice classic media text, very simple and easy to write about)

- Representation of St Georges Day (2015) in the Daily Mail
Hi I was just wondering what case studies you may have for ethnicity as im struggling with this? Thank u for these too
YuroStar
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by twhiddy)
Hi I was just wondering what case studies you may have for ethnicity as im struggling with this? Thank u for these too
Hey there,

For Ethnicity i'm doing:

- Luther (challenges dominant ideology of black males in the media)
- Divergent (Lack of black representation + backgrounding & tokenism, white males are in control)

Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (83)
26.18%
England (108)
34.07%
Belgium (27)
8.52%
Germany (38)
11.99%
Spain (5)
1.58%