Why are blonde guys so unpopular nowadays?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
ChrisW99
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm curious.

I mean in terms of physical preferences it seems to be the least popular male hair colour by miles. In surveys even ginger and grey hair come out on top. I have actually never met a girl around my age who likes blonde hair on a guy. In fact a number have openly admitted to disliking it. In contrast my mum, aunt and other older women seem to think it is really sexy.

Has there been a cultural shift over the last generation. Are they perceived to be less masculine these days?
Chichaldo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Woah, woah, woah. Being blonde is great. I have often made a conversation point about being the opposite of a dumb blonde or having great hair (it's nothing amazing).
Jirga
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's feminine and low T.
Blk_Magick
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Justin Beiber
l'etranger
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Blonde hair is the worst colour. It's thin and most blonde men look like girls, and not the sort you want to shag.
l'etranger
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Blond people are the least goodlooking. Just look at how H from Steps who was supposedly a hearthrobe of the 90's just looks like some sort of whiny nasty ***** you would find in Starcucks

http://res.cloudinary.com/jpress/ima...2987816153.jpg
TheAnxiousSloth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by l'etranger)
Blonde hair is the worst colour. It's thin and most blonde men look like girls, and not the sort you want to shag.
*Cough Cough* Justin Bieber. I keep thinking he's Jessie J when I see him in news articles.
user382
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would probably agree that from a physical point of view it is the least popular with girls. But I wouldn't even go as far as calling it a "disadvantage" really.

It kinda works in a way that makes hot people a lot hotter, and objectively unattractive people even more unattractive. If you are average with blonde hair you face exactly the same challenges as everyone else.
Chichaldo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well. Rip me after people's views in this post aha
l'etranger
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LeCroissant)
*Cough Cough* Justin Bieber. I keep thinking he's Jessie J when I see him in news articles.
The best looking people are either tanned or a golden pale and have very dark features. Piggy pink skin and thin light hair are the most overrated in all of humanity in terms of attractiveness.
Ash8991
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ChrisW99)
I'm curious.

I mean in terms of physical preferences it seems to be the least popular male hair colour by miles. In surveys even ginger and grey hair come out on top. I have actually never met a girl around my age who likes blonde hair on a guy. In fact a number have openly admitted to disliking it. In contrast my mum, aunt and other older women seem to think it is really sexy.

Has there been a cultural shift over the last generation. Are they perceived to be less masculine these days?
"In surveys even ginger...hair come out on top"

Sorry but that just can't be true. Everyone seems to think that ginger on a boy looks pretty stupid; ginger girls are pretty hot though. But I think the stereotype has come from social media and the whole "Gingers have no souls" thing that South Park created. When you say "blonde guys", do you mean "Bleach blonde" or every kind of blonde?
username3099438
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Because we are racist
Rhythmical
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The first person I fell for was blonde, things didn't work out. I go for brunettes to be honest.
Jirga
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
dark brown > black > light brown > blonde >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>> ginger

not biased
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
blonde guys are so fit
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Name:  Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 15.42.45.png
Views: 1238
Size:  67.3 KB

Tainted by association
user382
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
Name:  Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 15.42.45.png
Views: 1238
Size:  67.3 KB

Tainted by association

:hubba:
karl pilkington
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
most women prefer dark haired guys always have done most of the old school film stars were dark haired as well so it is not new
FopePrancis
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's all down to personal preference, chill out.
Allie4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by l'etranger)
Blond people are the least goodlooking. Just look at how H from Steps who was supposedly a hearthrobe of the 90's just looks like some sort of whiny nasty ***** you would find in Starcucks

http://res.cloudinary.com/jpress/ima...2987816153.jpg
Well look at this guy then and now.

https://tinyurl.com/m8ng75e

No one would consider him 'least good-looking'...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads