Harrietxoxo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by GcSe KiD)
This is what i put for the very first question that was two marks which asked why St. Mark called his work a gospel -
The word gospel comes from the greek word 'godspell' (turned out it was actually angelo-saxon) which means good news. The gospel would have created hope for the 1st century Christians as it is a message of hope and thus was 'good news' to them.
Do you think my answer is valid even though the word was not greek but angelo-saxon and i didnt mention mark 1:1? The question is worth two marks. Thanks ;-)
To me it sounds like you gave a very good answer. What you put is on the same lines of what I put.
username2805430
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by GcSe KiD)
This is what i put for the very first question that was two marks which asked why St. Mark called his work a gospel -
The word gospel comes from the greek word 'godspell' (turned out it was actually angelo-saxon) which means good news. The gospel would have created hope for the 1st century Christians as it is a message of hope and thus was 'good news' to them.
Do you think my answer is valid even though the word was not greek but angelo-saxon and i didnt mention mark 1:1? The question is worth two marks. Thanks ;-)
i said it was the word of god and was good news for christians? so not sure probs is
username2805430
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Harrietxoxo)
Peter only declared that Jesus was the Messiah which only shows that the disciples were only beginning to understand who Jesus was. But I put that the disciples didn't understand Jesus' ministry because Peter took Jesus aside and rebuked Jesus for speaking plainly about his ministry. I concluded with the fact that the disciples were only beginning to understand Jesus' identity but not his ministry.
that sounds rly good. i kinda said that but basically said they understood his power and divine authority but didn't understand jesus rejects traditional view of messiah. kinda got thrown off w the word disciples instead of peter so said peter thought he was messiah so disciples thought that too!?!? and yeah i did B5 , didn't like the one about the relevance about wealth tbh.
Harrietxoxo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nish2910)
that sounds rly good. i kinda said that but basically said they understood his power and divine authority but didn't understand jesus rejects traditional view of messiah. kinda got thrown off w the word disciples instead of peter so said peter thought he was messiah so disciples thought that too!?!? and yeah i did B5 , didn't like the one about the relevance about wealth tbh.
I think whatever Peter says is what the disciples think. Peter is like their spokesperson I would say. What question was the wealth about? Was that about whether Jesus' teachings on wealth relevant to Christians today? If it was, I didn't like it either.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (75)
37.31%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (22)
10.95%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.47%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (50)
24.88%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.44%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.96%

Watched Threads