The Student Room Group

2017 GCSE AQA St. Mark's Gospel - Unit 5 (15th May)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GcSe KiD
This is what i put for the very first question that was two marks which asked why St. Mark called his work a gospel -
The word gospel comes from the greek word 'godspell' (turned out it was actually angelo-saxon) which means good news. The gospel would have created hope for the 1st century Christians as it is a message of hope and thus was 'good news' to them.
Do you think my answer is valid even though the word was not greek but angelo-saxon and i didnt mention mark 1:1? The question is worth two marks. Thanks ;-)

To me it sounds like you gave a very good answer. What you put is on the same lines of what I put.
Original post by GcSe KiD
This is what i put for the very first question that was two marks which asked why St. Mark called his work a gospel -
The word gospel comes from the greek word 'godspell' (turned out it was actually angelo-saxon) which means good news. The gospel would have created hope for the 1st century Christians as it is a message of hope and thus was 'good news' to them.
Do you think my answer is valid even though the word was not greek but angelo-saxon and i didnt mention mark 1:1? The question is worth two marks. Thanks ;-)

i said it was the word of god and was good news for christians? so not sure probs is
Original post by Harrietxoxo
Peter only declared that Jesus was the Messiah which only shows that the disciples were only beginning to understand who Jesus was. But I put that the disciples didn't understand Jesus' ministry because Peter took Jesus aside and rebuked Jesus for speaking plainly about his ministry. I concluded with the fact that the disciples were only beginning to understand Jesus' identity but not his ministry.

that sounds rly good. i kinda said that but basically said they understood his power and divine authority but didn't understand jesus rejects traditional view of messiah. kinda got thrown off w the word disciples instead of peter so said peter thought he was messiah so disciples thought that too!?!? and yeah i did B5 , didn't like the one about the relevance about wealth tbh.
Original post by nish2910
that sounds rly good. i kinda said that but basically said they understood his power and divine authority but didn't understand jesus rejects traditional view of messiah. kinda got thrown off w the word disciples instead of peter so said peter thought he was messiah so disciples thought that too!?!? and yeah i did B5 , didn't like the one about the relevance about wealth tbh.

I think whatever Peter says is what the disciples think. Peter is like their spokesperson I would say. What question was the wealth about? Was that about whether Jesus' teachings on wealth relevant to Christians today? If it was, I didn't like it either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending