Api00
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Someone help me, I really wanna get an A in French but my exam results for French are rubbish. Hopefully my controlled assessments will help me, but does anyone know how many UMS points I need in total to get an A in French and was grade/mark is that on each paper/controlled assessment?
Thanks <3
bendio
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Api00)
Someone help me, I really wanna get an A in French but my exam results for French are rubbish. Hopefully my controlled assessments will help me, but does anyone know how many UMS points I need in total to get an A in French and was grade/mark is that on each paper/controlled assessment?
Thanks <3
Is this with AQA? If so you need 240/300 for an A.

Do you know how many marks you got on your controlled assessments? That would make it easier to work out how much you would need to get an A overall.
Maribella_321
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey,
For my controlled assessment in AQA I got;
27 - Writing
27 - writing
24 - speaking
24 - speaking

How much UMS marks would that be? And would I still be able to get an A*?
thegalaxy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Maribella_321)
Hey,
For my controlled assessment in AQA I got;
27 - Writing
27 - writing
24 - speaking
24 - speaking

How much UMS marks would that be? And would I still be able to get an A*?
Based on last year's grade boundaries...

Speaking gives you 69 UMS
Writing gives you 77 UMS
So your CA gives you 146 UMS overall

Both listening/reading papers are out of 60 UMS so the maximum you'd be able to get is 266 UMS which is 4 UMS less than an A*. Sorry about that

To get an A overall though you'd need 47 UMS in each paper which was 31/45 in reading and 27/40 in listening last year.
thegalaxy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Api00)
Thanks <3
If you tell us what marks you got in your writing/speaking we'll be able to tell you... good luck on Tuesday!
Api00
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by okayseoul)
Is this with AQA? If so you need 240/300 for an A.

Do you know how many marks you got on your controlled assessments? That would make it easier to work out how much you would need to get an A overall.
The thing is I don't know if my marks are gonna change when going to the exam board and my teacher doesn't mark using marks/UMS. She just tells us the grade.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (386)
56.52%
I don't have everything I need (297)
43.48%

Watched Threads