So many guys are insecure about their height?

Watch
yammygang
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm 5'4 and 15 (16 in a few months) years old. All over the internet, I see so many posts by guys who ask obvious questions in the hope for a confidence boost. Their problems seem to be very common, but personally, I have never experienced them. Wherever I go girls (most taller or the same height) and I flirt and stuff (eye contact, smiling and all that).

I know that one reason why I'm apart from these guys is because I'm not insecure about my height. But why do girls who don't know this (because they don't know me) still find me attractive? I know they do because it's quite obvious. I know this is a weird question, but what am I doing that these other guys are not? Girls, if a guy was my height but you found him attractive (whether you know him or he is a stranger) what was your attraction based on?

Some people may not understand why I'm asking this question. I'm literally confused because I see so much on the internet about people's lives that I simply do not see in real life. Another reason why I'm asking this question is because I genuinely want to help those guys that are insecure about their height so they can overcome it.
Hirsty97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Being short is a disadvantage to men in dating yeah but being insecure about it makes it worse. It's like girls who are flat chested are at a disadvantage but it's not the end of the world

Short guys can still be alpha and pull girls but it's only your mind holding you back.
It's****ingWOODY
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Most guys don't actually care about their height, and I've never heard of anyone tall bragging about it either.

P.S. I'm 6'2'', kiss my knees manlets
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Its because they're small down there and so they're trying hard to make it up through height.
Jirga
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You're only 15. Try being 5'4 when you're 18.
BobBlobson
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
6'8 is the minimum height to get laid in 2017.

Time to LDAR.
BobBlobson
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by WoodyMKC)
Most guys don't actually care about their height, and I've never heard of anyone tall bragging about it either.

6'8 is the manlet cut off in 2017.

Sorry to break it to you
Anonymous #1
Report 4 years ago
_princessxox i think you've caused all the insecurity lmao
Chicken.M.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You're probably just good looking lol. Probably have some cute look going on.

Also teenage girls are more likely to like that 'cute' stuff. You'l have more difficulty when you're an adult.
_princessxox
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
_princessxox i think you've caused all the insecurity lmao
what? loool
just because I prefer taller guys doesn't mean a shorter guy doesn't stand a chance, if a guy was shorter than 6' but had a dank personality and treated me well then i wouldn't mind lol
username1842595
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You've got time to grow chill out
queenofswords
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My bro was exactly like that but now at 19 he's 5ft 10. You'll grow till you're about 21.
Dw op you're young. Just make sure you exercise and maintain a good diet full of nutrients.

Also plenty of beautiful petite girls (5 ft 3 and below) out there.

As long as u taller than me in mid heels, all is gewd
Anonymous #1
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by _princessxox)
what? loool
just because I prefer taller guys doesn't mean a shorter guy doesn't stand a chance, if a guy was shorter than 6' but had a dank personality and treated me well then i wouldn't mind lol
ok princess i believe you
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
Because being a short man is a huge disadvantage for finding a partner. So of course they'll be self-conscious.

It's like women with a very unattractive face will be self-conscious, because that is also a big disadvantage.

Seems pretty common sense to me...
username2923348
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by yammygang)
I'm 5'4 and 15 (16 in a few months) years old. All over the internet, I see so many posts by guys who ask obvious questions in the hope for a confidence boost. Their problems seem to be very common, but personally, I have never experienced them. Wherever I go girls (most taller or the same height) and I flirt and stuff (eye contact, smiling and all that).

I know that one reason why I'm apart from these guys is because I'm not insecure about my height. But why do girls who don't know this (because they don't know me) still find me attractive? I know they do because it's quite obvious. I know this is a weird question, but what am I doing that these other guys are not? Girls, if a guy was my height but you found him attractive (whether you know him or he is a stranger) what was your attraction based on?

Some people may not understand why I'm asking this question. I'm literally confused because I see so much on the internet about people's lives that I simply do not see in real life. Another reason why I'm asking this question is because I genuinely want to help those guys that are insecure about their height so they can overcome it.
To be fair I wasn't much taller at your age and then shot up at around 16/17. But generally won't impede you too much my man.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username2548927
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by WoodyMKC)

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #3
Report 4 years ago
you're a kid right now, of course it won't bother you

nothing more embarrassing than being a midget man

good luck trying to get a woman then!
piddle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
in my view a guy has to be over 6ft to be datable for me
Numan786
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We live in a society where it's acceptable to discriminate against guys who are short but can't do anything about it yet it's extremely unacceptable to discriminate against someone on their lifestyle (eg weight) that they can change.

Society is weird like that kid. I'm 5'7 or 5'8 and I think quite a few of the shorter guys feel conscious about their height at some stage. However, once you get older you aren't bothered by those kind of things anymore because there's now more to you and you're confident in yourself.
yammygang
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Fermion.)
You've got time to grow chill out
I'm chill, man. Read my post again - i'm not insecure about my own height, but am confused as to why so many others are and how I can help 'em out. The question's been answered, but thank you for your input.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
6.84%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (31)
16.32%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (31)
16.32%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (28)
14.74%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (52)
27.37%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (35)
18.42%

Watched Threads