The Student Room Group

Why so expensive? Certificate of Academic Standing

I have a USA Bachelors of Science in Criminal Justice and I was told by university of law that I need a Certificate of Academic Standing if I want to take GDL but there is a fee of £200!! What is the £200 for? Why so expensive? Is the money refundable or do they keep it?? Will I need to get another certificate when i apply for the GDL?
Original post by JuguJustice
I have a USA Bachelors of Science in Criminal Justice and I was told by university of law that I need a Certificate of Academic Standing if I want to take GDL but there is a fee of £200!! What is the £200 for? Why so expensive? Is the money refundable or do they keep it?? Will I need to get another certificate when i apply for the GDL?

Because someone has to check your evidence. Why not ask the SRA? Its really take it or leave it. I doubt they care. Why would they refund it?

Did you mean GDL or LPC?

Be aware the GDL and LPC are being scrapped in 2020 and replaced with the SQE. There will be transitional arrangements,
Reply 2
GDL so I can take the BPTC afterwards.

Original post by 999tigger
Because someone has to check your evidence. Why not ask the SRA? Its really take it or leave it. I doubt they care. Why would they refund it?

Did you mean GDL or LPC?

Be aware the GDL and LPC are being scrapped in 2020 and replaced with the SQE. There will be transitional arrangements,
Original post by JuguJustice
GDL so I can take the BPTC afterwards.

Ok then you need to ask the BSB about why it costs £200. You need a commendation or distinction on the GDL. London offices arent cheap. Its small beer compared to the total cost of your training.
Reply 4
Okay, thanks btw which university would you recommend for GDL University of law or BPP? My path is towards the barrister side.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending