Smoking in the street should be banned.

Watch
EternalLight
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Why should I have to have someone's cigarette smoke blown in my face if I am walking behind them and potentially inhale some of it?

It's disgusting and rude and shouldn't be allowed to be done in public.
TheGoodPharaoh
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
I get what you're trying to say but too much money is made from people buying cigarettes to ban them being used in public
username3099438
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Meh, it's more fun to cough really loudly when you walk past Tesco tramps smoking.
username2926188
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
When i inhale it, i feel like i've smoked myself
.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Why won't it be banned? The reason is that cigarettes are heavily taxed, and it is a big net source of income for the government. If it was banned in the street, the sale of cigarettes would go down meaning the government would get less revenue, and i think the government care more about that than you simply finding it unpleasant.
Nirvana1989-1994
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by feministy)
Meh, it's more fun to cough really loudly when you walk past Tesco tramps smoking.
You have a thing about Tesco tramps lol.
EternalLight
Rep:
Good bloke Dodgypirate

My freedom is being violated because I am being forced to breath second hand smoke. The law says people are allowed to smoke in public but my freedom is being violated! #Oppression #FreedomForNonSmokers
l'etranger
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I'd also ban vaping in public places.
yesmynameis
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by l'etranger)
I'd also ban vaping in public places.
yes very true
yesmynameis
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by EternalLight)
Why should I have to have someone's cigarette smoke blown in my face if I am walking behind them and potentially inhale some of it?

I agree with you completely but we all know that they will probably not be banned any time soon
RazorM
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by feministy)
meh, it's more fun to cough really loudly when you walk past tesco tramps smoking.
loooooooooooooooooooool
username3099438
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
You have a thing about Tesco tramps lol.
They all live under bridges
Chicken.M.
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
walk slower lol.

ngl when I pass by someone smoking a joint I always inhale deeply lmfao.
JamesN88
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ChickenMadness)
walk slower lol.

Ha ha. I don't smoke it anymore but weed still smells nice IMO. Tobacco smells rancid though.
Chicken.M.
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JamesN88)
Ha ha. I don't smoke it anymore but weed still smells nice IMO. Tobacco smells rancid though.
yeeeee. Love that dank weed smell.

And ye cigs are pretty gross.
PossiblyNotGod
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
walk slower lol.

You leech!
EternalLight
Rep:
yeeeee. Love that dank weed smell.

And ye cigs are pretty gross.
Both smell disgusting in my opinion. Sometimes I walk past someone in public smoking a joint and it stinks!
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
So ban smoking outside....

Free speech is for everyone, even idiots

Posted from TSR Mobile
cuttlebone
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by EternalLight)

I know it is pretty grim, however if smokers can't smoke in public outside nor inside, they really only have their own house and garden (which not everyone has). So I feel like they'd kick off
mrqasim
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I would agree with banning in streets where there is a high volume of people, other than that where else are we meant to smoke?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (12)
10.08%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
0.84%
Finding the time to revise (8)
6.72%
Finding the motivation (32)
26.89%
Getting distracted (16)
13.45%
Procrastination (49)
41.18%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.84%

Watched Threads