chris2791
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
SO long story short had no english teacher throughout the whole of year 11 however i took the initiative and learnt all 3 books and quotes blah blah anyways question is im doing inspector calls and i dont know how to structure my awnsers ie "how does priestly present Gerald as an upper class gentleman"
how would i structure my awnser ?
ST898
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am also studying An Inspector Calls we have been taught to structure our answer by first of all describing the character of Gerald Croft. You could do this by using quote to back up your points, and link in how he is therefore presented as an upper class man. For example, Gerald Croft is the son of the wealthy owners of Crofts Ltd. Coming from a wealthy family Gerald is present as socially superior to the Birlings, in particular Mr Birling as he has built his company and wealth rather than inheriting his money. You could then go on to describe other circumstances where he is presented as an upper class gentleman, e.g. at the Palace Bar, and his connections with Eva Smith. Once you have made enough relevant points I would finish with a short conclusion to sum up his entire role in the play, his involvement with Eva and how his social status links in with this. For example, Being of a higher class, although Gerald treated Eva with respect after the summer was over, he left her and broke her heart. Gerald was the leader in this relationship and discarded her because she was of a lower class and it was time for him to get back to reality, however her life with Gerald was her sole reality. Hope this helped!
chris2791
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by st898)
i am also studying an inspector calls we have been taught to structure our answer by first of all describing the character of gerald croft. You could do this by using quote to back up your points, and link in how he is therefore presented as an upper class man. For example, gerald croft is the son of the wealthy owners of crofts ltd. Coming from a wealthy family gerald is present as socially superior to the birlings, in particular mr birling as he has built his company and wealth rather than inheriting his money. You could then go on to describe other circumstances where he is presented as an upper class gentleman, e.g. At the palace bar, and his connections with eva smith. Once you have made enough relevant points i would finish with a short conclusion to sum up his entire role in the play, his involvement with eva and how his social status links in with this. For example, being of a higher class, although gerald treated eva with respect after the summer was over, he left her and broke her heart. Gerald was the leader in this relationship and discarded her because she was of a lower class and it was time for him to get back to reality, however her life with gerald was her sole reality. Hope this helped!
thanksss so much !!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (738)
33.92%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (929)
42.69%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (413)
18.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (96)
4.41%

Watched Threads