The Student Room Group

Computer Science AQA A Level (New Spec) NAE

Hey guys, did you finish your coursework? I got 50/75 and I'm wondering roughly what grade is that? I also heard that its 13% out of 20% is that bad?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

So on the face of it 50/75 is 66.7%, which would be a C. But unfortunately it's not that simple. With the new linear qualifications, there aren't really grade boundaries for individual exams - only the entire course.

Paper 1 is out of 100, and so is Paper 2. They're each worth 40% of the course. And the coursework is out of 75 but it's only worth 20%. So to get the correct weighting, your marks from Papers 1 and 2 are multiplied by 1.5, and then added to your coursework mark. That gives you your final score (out of 375), and then grade boundaries for this number decide which grade you get.

For instance if you get 50/75 in coursework, 60/100 in Paper 1 and 70/100 in Paper 2, your final score would be: 60*1.5 + 70*1.5 + 50 = 245 marks. The grade boundary for a B might be 260 and for a C it could be 230, so you would get a C.
Reply 3
i real need the answer can some one give me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending