accomodation - LONDON Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rikku
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
hi,
I would like to ask if anyone has any expierience with independant halls in London...
the Student Village, International Student House,Unite Students.. (are there any others???)

What's the student atmosphere like over there?.. (from reading the discussion forums at thestudentvillage.org)it seems that the majority of student are postgrads...

Thanx for any help
Rikku
oops..Ive posted this thread accidently twice, sorry..don't know how to delete it
pinkfairy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Rikku)
oops..Ive posted this thread accidently twice, sorry..don't know how to delete it
you can't delete it, unless you're a subscriber i think. pm a mod
Rikku
help??
gangrene
Report 14 years ago
hey rikku, are you doing IB or A-levels? I recall your offer being BBB for KCL, but that you did IB....so i'm puzzled. just curious :confused:
eternalsunshine
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you don't have your heart set on halls, you might like to check out www.accommodationforstudents.com - i know some ppl who found a shared house with that last year (having got into uni through clearing) and that worked out quite nicely (and possibly cheaper than halls in london, if they are priced anything like the king's college ones!!)

I'm afraid i've not looked into any private run halls whatsoever, but i did get a leaflet a couple of weeks ago from somewhere and they looked really nice & luxurious!! If i was you i'd ring up the accommodation office (for soas?) and ask for some advice..
Rikku
I didn't do Alevels nor IB, I did the Czech Maturita...my offer was average 2.0..(on a scale from 1 to 5, 1 being the best...).. I got 2.25 average in four subjects (Czech and world literature, english, maths, physics...)
Rikku
(Original post by eternalsunshine)
If you don't have your heart set on halls, you might like to check out www.accommodationforstudents.com - i know some ppl who found a shared house with that last year (having got into uni through clearing) and that worked out quite nicely (and possibly cheaper than halls in london, if they are priced anything like the king's college ones!!)

I'm afraid i've not looked into any private run halls whatsoever, but i did get a leaflet a couple of weeks ago from somewhere and they looked really nice & luxurious!! If i was you i'd ring up the accommodation office (for soas?) and ask for some advice..
yeah, thanx..but I would prefer halls - more social
plus I don't know anyone going to the UK or living there to share a house...I would prefer to do that in the second year or later ...
eternalsunshine
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Rikku)
yeah, thanx..but I would prefer halls - more social
plus I don't know anyone going to the UK or living there to share a house...I would prefer to do that in the second year or later ...
There are some halls on that website.. not sure if you have seem them all already though!! Good luck
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (16)
30.77%
No - I got the required grades (29)
55.77%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (7)
13.46%

Watched Threads