The Student Room Group

Can I date the friend of someone I was 'seeing' briefly?

A few months ago I was seeing someone and it was great but I freaked out and stopped things because I was worried about how much time we had left in comparison to how slowly things were developing since it was my first relationship and I was leaving uni in May.

We're still good friends now and I believe that they are moving on since I've seen them with someone else at several different parties.

Life likes to be a dick apparently because, now I'm really attracted to their friend/roommate (we get on really well and I know there's definitely a spark, even before I started dating their friend) but neither of us will do anything because of the friend.

Advice please
Original post by TMFleur
A few months ago I was seeing someone and it was great but I freaked out and stopped things because I was worried about how much time we had left in comparison to how slowly things were developing since it was my first relationship and I was leaving uni in May.

We're still good friends now and I believe that they are moving on since I've seen them with someone else at several different parties.

Life likes to be a dick apparently because, now I'm really attracted to their friend/roommate (we get on really well and I know there's definitely a spark, even before I started dating their friend) but neither of us will do anything because of the friend.

Advice please

I would. It's their friend and you broke it off, it's not like you cheated on them with their friend or left it a day or so and then decided to sleep with their friend. The friend has moved on, you should too, with whomever you want to
I was with someone and it ended up not working out because they were so clingy and accusing me of cheating and not wanting to spend time with them so it fizzled out and I ended up in a relationship with their friend, it was a little awkward for them maybe but I wasn't in contact with my ex so it wasn't awkward for me. long story short, that relationship didn't work out either. they were both d*cks.
Do what you feel best and don't worry too much about a relationship that didn't work out
Check if the person is dating again, if so it doesnt matter. You can let him know as a matter of courtesy but you dont need permission.

If he isnt dating then you can let him know and ask if he has any objections. If he says no, then fine and if he says yes, find out what they are and if unreasonable, then ignore and date anyway. You tell him out of courtesy. hes an ex and you arent his property. Worry less and enjoy your relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending