Turn on thread page Beta

studying in uk- computer science watch

Announcements

Hi,

I´ve got my BSc in computer (Austira), 2nd upper, science by now. I´d like to study in UK, next
    year, which are the possibilities for me. I know that I could make a Master in 1 year, eventuelly a
    Phd in 3 years, but I am not sure....

Are there any rankings for computer curses in uk ( I just found a general one).

Are there possibilities to get financial aid?

Thank you very much for any answer.

so long franz

You need to apply to the Universities and see what is on offer. What Masters are you interested in?

In my experience (I am a third year PhD student at the Department of Information Systems and
    Conputing at Brunel University) most Masters students pay for their MSc and get funded very well
    (£10K) for their PhD research. Brunel takes some postgrads straight after their degree. I got taken
    on as an MPhil student and after one year I was reassessed and transfered to the PhD programme.

Brunel has a huge PhD dept (over 75 PhD students and Research Assistants) and we got a 5 in our last
    RAE. Most of our research leans to HCI and Knowledge Management as well as Distributed Computing and
    Computer Simulation, so there is something for everyone!!

Good luck

Martin.
    --
    -
    ________________________________ _
    M. Boulger, ([email protected]) Researcher, DISC, Brunel University, UK.

"Fari Hadus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    [q1]: Hi,[/q1]
    [q1]:[/q1]
    [q1]: I´ve got my BSc in computer (Austira), 2nd upper, science by now.[/q1]
    I´d like
    [q1]: to study in UK, next year, which are the possibilities for me. I know that I could make a[/q1]
    Master in 1
    [q1]: year, eventuelly a Phd in 3 years, but I am not sure....[/q1]
    [q1]: Are there any rankings for computer curses in uk ( I just found a[/q1]
    general
    [q1]: one).[/q1]
    [q1]: Are there possibilities to get financial aid?[/q1]
    [q1]: Thank you very much for any answer.[/q1]
    [q1]: so long franz[/q1]

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.