The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ooh, you sound nice, maybe we should meet up sometime.. haha!! :biggrin:
Reply 2
Unregistered
hiii...i was wondering what qualifications i would need to become a professional lap dancer...i am 5" 10, asian looks n v slim n curvy...wud ne a-levels help...a male mate of mine says that i shud volenteer to dance n strip in stag nitess..hmm..im not sure..help me..

You can't be serious!! Wow what a...erm..."respected" aspiration.
Reply 3
Unregistered
hiii...i was wondering what qualifications i would need to become a professional lap dancer...i am 5" 10, asian looks n v slim n curvy...wud ne a-levels help...a male mate of mine says that i shud volenteer to dance n strip in stag nitess..hmm..im not sure..help me..

errrr, you definitely don't need a-levels to become a lap dancer. As long as your fit then you just need to audition at some places, or perhaps join an agency of some type.

volunteering at stag nites? sounds kind of seedy to me, but lapdancing is. I wouldn't recommend that, but it may help word get around.

Adam
Reply 4
Adhsur
You can't be serious!! Wow what a...erm..."respected" aspiration.

START RANT...

I have been MOD for quite a while now but this is probably the most offensive, narrow-minded thing I have seen yet. I find it appauling that you think it is acceptable to belittle anyone's "aspirations". If she was requesting information on how to become a doctor / lawyer / systems analyst etc... you would not even consider saying that. Do you honestly think that the world needs EVERYONE to try and clammer for a limited number of "academic" jobs?? I would have expectd slightly more maturity than I found in your post. The reason I have not deleted it is to point out how pathetic it is that people cant see past thier qualifications and understand that the world needs lapdacers just as much as doctor and lawyers. Respect isnt given to people through thier qualifications or job status although apparently some people would disagree with this!!!

...END RANT
Reply 5
Leekey
START RANT...

I have been MOD for quite a while now but this is probably the most offensive, narrow-minded thing I have seen yet. I find it appauling that you think it is acceptable to belittle anyone's "aspirations". If she was requesting information on how to become a doctor / lawyer / systems analyst etc... you would not even consider saying that. Do you honestly think that the world needs EVERYONE to try and clammer for a limited number of "academic" jobs?? I would have expectd slightly more maturity than I found in your post. The reason I have not deleted it is to point out how pathetic it is that people cant see past thier qualifications and understand that the world needs lapdacers just as much as doctor and lawyers. Respect isnt given to people through thier qualifications or job status although apparently some people would disagree with this!!!

...END RANT

Well said, Leekey.
Reply 6
Get Real

Leekey

the world needs lapdacers just as much as doctor and lawyers.

Maybe in your sad little world!

John
Reply 7
Leekey
START RANT...

...END RANT

Chill out leekey, this probably isn't even a genuine question. A-levels for lapdancing, erm yeah OK whatever.
Reply 8
As long as you can count your money, you're away. :biggrin:
Reply 9
Max Plank
Get Real

Maybe in your sad little world!

John

I would like to point out that my personal view of the lapdancing profession has absolutely nothing to do with my reason for posting. I personally have no interest in the profession at any level but I will defend a persons right to feel proud of wanting to persue the profession forever. I would do the same for any profession reguardless of the stereotypes associated with it.

For you to suggest that I should "get real" based on me trying to defend a persons right to chose thier own career path without fear of criticism from others, is probably more of a commentary on you than me...

Your last comment is little more than a feeble insult at best, if your going to insult someone please engage you brain and make it at least remotely intelligent. :smile:
Reply 10
Dam
Chill out leekey, this probably isn't even a genuine question. A-levels for lapdancing, erm yeah OK whatever.

The principle is the same whether it is genuine or not and I was greatly disappointed by some peoples response!
Reply 11
I've never done it myself, but this is as much as I've pieced together from various bits of info on it.
I'd imagine dance training would be more valuable than a-levels. If you want to do it professionally, it's more work than at the "seedy" level, in that there are certain routines to be learnt and general improvisation involves more than taking your clothes off. You'd need to be flexible, have gymnastic ability and good rhythm.
Make sure you're doing it for the right reasons. If you think it'll higher self esteem, it most probably won't! You would need a strong personality and a very firm ability to say no, and a high shit tolerance level. Good luck!
Reply 12
Leekey
The principle is the same whether it is genuine or not and I was greatly disappointed by some peoples response!

Are you attempting to claim the moral high ground? Attaining the position of 'moderator' seems to have affected your reasoning.
Reply 13
Mr White
Are you attempting to claim the moral high ground? Attaining the position of 'moderator' seems to have affected your reasoning.

Mr White. I'd just about forgotten you'd existed...
Reply 14
Mr White

Are you the real mr white? Of S&M fame? Where have you been?
Reply 15
Mr White

I don't think that this has much to do with morals. I was simply expressing my opinion and dislike of the way that a persons chosen career path was being mocked (real or not it doesn't matter). I don't particularly like this as it implies that one profession is "better" than another.

As for being a MOD affecting my reasoning, if you dislike my moderation or reasoning then please feel free to express this in a none-offensive post, through the karma system or by PMing the admin of the site (d)!!! :smile:
Reply 16
Dam
Are you the real mr white? Of S&M fame? Where have you been?

I had pressing matters to attend to (holiday). My suprise was immense when I returned and saw the changes which have occured here (people with 1000+ messages, the updated forum, new fascist moderators, etc.)
Reply 17
Mr White
new fascist moderators, etc.)

Aimed at anyone in particular...... :wink:
Reply 18
Leekey
Aimed at anyone in particular...... :wink:

The velvet glove encompassing an iron fist.
Reply 19
I've table danced at clubs etc for a laugh, and it most definitely is one! you'll enjoy it aswell as earn some good good money. alevel won't matter, if you're pretty, slim, and full of life, you'll do amazingly!

Latest

Trending

Trending