Sim Card Data Plan Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch
Hello50
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I want to purchase a sim card that gives you data and I'm not really too sure how these sort of stuff works.
Some have a 1 month contract and some have a 12 month contract. What's the difference? What are the contracts for? Would I not be able to use the sim card anymore once the 1 month or 12 months is over?
Integer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
if you already have a phone, get a 'pay as you go' sim, you can pay every month for data, texts etc.
Contracts come with a phone, and you pay off the phone every month
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
1 month contract is a rolling plan - you get a set amount of data, mins and texts each month. On the anniversary date, your set amount will reset and new payment is taken. You can cancel this anytime after a month (usually giving a month's notice)

12 month contract is a 12 months contract - you can only cancel this after the contract has finished (again giving a month's notice). Usually 12 months contract works out cheaper than a 1 month contract of the same bundle.

If you don't cancel the 1/12 month contract, they will continue until you do cancel.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (17)
70.83%
I don't have everything I need (7)
29.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise