jesswxo9
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have my RE GCSE exam this Wednesday and I briefly know how to structure my six markers (Point Evidence Explain), but do I need to add a conclusion at the end or is not necessary?
Skygreen52
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Defiantly add a conclusion and your opinion relating back to the first sentence. LOL I remember when I sat my RE gcse we studies Hinduism and Christianity and I used my own religion (not one of those two studied) and got marks. Obsticals. A*
mkc1357
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jesswxo9)
I have my RE GCSE exam this Wednesday and I briefly know how to structure my six markers (Point Evidence Explain), but do I need to add a conclusion at the end or is not necessary?
Hiya as doing my gcse re mock soon you do need to write a conclusion on comparing / the similarities and differences of both religions and what you think
jesswxo9
Rep:
?
Okay thankyou! I am so desperate to get top marks for RE lol. I remember when I had mocks back when I was in year 8 for RE and if i couldn't think of a quote I just used to make my own up! Sometimes I'd get away with it but most of the time they caught me out lol!!
(Original post by Rosewater180)
Defiantly add a conclusion and your opinion relating back to the first sentence. LOL I remember when I sat my RE gcse we studies Hinduism and Christianity and I used my own religion (not one of those two studied) and got marks. Obsticals. A*
jesswxo9
Rep:
?
(Original post by mkc1357)
Hiya as doing my gcse re mock soon you do need to write a conclusion on comparing / the similarities and differences of both religions and what you think
Okay thankyou! I will practice some more exam questions and start to practice my conclusions whilst I still have the time before my exam.
YourGoddamnRight
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
fyi, its 8 marks on question c of edexcel rs
jesswxo9
Rep:
?
My RE exam is on the OCR board. The top mark questions are a maximum of 6 marks, though the grade bounderies are quite high! I think it's 48 marks for a C.
(Original post by YourGoddamnRight)
fyi, its 8 marks on question c of edexcel rs
Balkaran
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you're doing AQA RS
For the 6 markers just talk about religious view for and against the statement. In my practice mocks a conclusion isn't required unless they ask about you're opinion. If they ask about religious believers view then no conclusion.

Edit: Oops I just read you're doing OCR sorry I can't be much help.
Quirky Object
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rosewater180)
That's for 12-mark questions.

For 6-mark questions, which just involve a detailed explanation of one viewpoint from one religion on a certain issue, you don't need a conclusion. 6-mark questions are not essays and you won't get any marks for weighing up opposing viewpoints in them.
jesswxo9
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sonechka)
That's for 12-mark questions.

For 6-mark questions, which just involve a detailed explanation of one viewpoint from one religion on a certain issue, you don't need a conclusion. 6-mark questions are not essays and you won't get any marks for weighing up opposing viewpoints in them.
So for the 6 markers, (say if the topic was abortion) shall I do one paragraph saying abortion is right with a religious quote then explanation. Then another paragraph saying abortion is wrong with a religious quote and explanation? Would I be leaning towards the six marks if I structured it in that way?
Quirky Object
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So for the 6 markers, (say if the topic was abortion) shall I do one paragraph saying abortion is right with a religious quote then explanation. Then another paragraph saying abortion is wrong with a religious quote and explanation? Would I be leaning towards the six marks if I structured it in that way?
If the topic is abortion, the question will be something like "Explain [religion] views on abortion." How you answer depends on the religion you're describing, but for Christianity for instance, you might do a paragraph on Catholicism and the idea that life begins at conception and absolute morality then a paragraph on other denominations, suggesting that life does not begin at conception, the fetus' life is not absolutely sacrosanct or people should do whatever is the most loving option. Ultimately, I'd say don't worry about formulae like "2 paragraphs with a PEE structure" - just answer the question.
jesswxo9
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sonechka)
If the topic is abortion, the question will be something like "Explain [religion] views on abortion." How you answer depends on the religion you're describing, but for Christianity for instance, you might do a paragraph on Catholicism and the idea that life begins at conception and absolute morality then a paragraph on other denominations, suggesting that life does not begin at conception, the fetus' life is not absolutely sacrosanct or people should do whatever is the most loving option. Ultimately, I'd say don't worry about formulae like "2 paragraphs with a PEE structure" - just answer the question.
Okay, thankyou!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (171)
44.07%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
11.08%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
8.25%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.39%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (37)
9.54%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed