The Student Room Group

OCR Computer Science GCSE 2017

This is a forum for last years exam, why not find this years exam thread here. Cant find what your looking for? Make your own!

I noticed there was no forum for OCR Computer Science GCSE for this year. How is everyone feeling about the exam and have you revised yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not at all.
No revision whatsoever and I find it actually really ****ing hard compared to all my other exams, but luckily my CA should mean I don't need to do amazingly to get an A* overall. I always remember DBMS thought because it's BDSM rearranged lol
Reply 3
Original post by 5amer21
I noticed there was no forum for OCR Computer Science GCSE for this year. How is everyone feeling about the exam and have you revised yet?

i think it just requires a lot of memorising the textbook so hopefully i can do all that in half term bc i havent started
im stressing its actually going to be hard, i always struggle at the end questions on algorithms.
Reply 5
not stressing too much. ocr give way too much time for the paper anyway, and they generally ask some piss easy questions
I'm pretty confident

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I didn't finish either CAs so I'm worried I won't even pass.
Reply 8
Since 66% was A* last year, if you do really well in your coursework, I reckon something like 50% in the test can still get you an A* :biggrin:. It's true the algorithm at the end is hard to get all the marks. :frown:
i got 25/80 in my mock so not so good, at least the grade boundaries are low tbf
I think every Computing teacher in the country is bad...because when ever I talk about Computing on any website, everyone says that they havent learnt anything because their teacher cannot teach. What about you guys?
Reply 11
Original post by NothingButWaleed
I think every Computing teacher in the country is bad...because when ever I talk about Computing on any website, everyone says that they havent learnt anything because their teacher cannot teach. What about you guys?

Wouldn't know about computing teachers... I did my AS last year completely on my own, with no GCSE background either. I think I was a pretty good teacher because I got myself a B!:smile:
Original post by GABBOD
Wouldn't know about computing teachers... I did my AS last year completely on my own, with no GCSE background either. I think I was a pretty good teacher because I got myself a B!:smile:

Congrats dude, so what u studying in uni rn?
happy news: the grade boundary for a* has gone down from 71 to 53. Get a in ur coursework then u'r only gonna need 40 marks for a overal (well i do)
I still haven't completed A451, is it possible to finish A451 in a few days? I got an A in A452 and an A* in A453, So to get an A* overall, I'm guessing I'll need a high A* in the exam.

Has anyone completed A451 at home? If so, could you share some tips and advice?
Reply 15
Original post by Doctor1234
I still haven't completed A451, is it possible to finish A451 in a few days? I got an A in A452 and an A* in A453, So to get an A* overall, I'm guessing I'll need a high A* in the exam.

Has anyone completed A451 at home? If so, could you share some tips and advice?

What are you talking about? A451 is the exam we do on the 7th June, what do you mean complete?
Original post by 5amer21
What are you talking about? A451 is the exam we do on the 7th June, what do you mean complete?

I mean, is it possible to self-teach myself A451 in a few days?
Reply 17
Original post by Doctor1234
I mean, is it possible to self-teach myself A451 in a few days?

Yes. It will help to watch videos and use textbooks and bitesize. I revised for my mock, the night before and got an A, so you should be fine. Have you learnt any of it before or is it the first time you are looking at it?
Reply 18
I revised like 2 hours for my mock and got 68/80 so I'm not too worried tbh
Other than the last question, it should be okay (fingers crossed). I'm definitely getting the last algorithm question wrong tho
Original post by 5amer21
Yes. It will help to watch videos and use textbooks and bitesize. I revised for my mock, the night before and got an A, so you should be fine. Have you learnt any of it before or is it the first time you are looking at it?

I've taught myself up to software, but I may need to recap it since I've forgotten a few things, though it will probably only take me an hour or two to recap my knowledge.

The problem is, I have no idea about the rest of the specification, I'm fairly confident with Binary, but I'm baffled about the rest. How long do you think it will take me to learn the rest?

Quick Reply

Latest