Visarda
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
How is conflict presented in Exposure and kamikaze?
mistyneko
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would say that Kamikaze presents family conflict, because the pilots family didn't speak to him after he forfeited his suicide mission.
also inner conflict because whilst flying the pilot had to decide whether to give up his life or whether beauty of nature was a good enough reason for him to stay alive.

Exposure presents conflict and the dull cyclic reality of war "but nothing happens" the soldiers are waiting for something to happen but feel like they are not a part of the war but that the war is distant and far away.
"pause over half known faces" - the numb reality that conflict destroys emotions

im not sure though:biggrin::biggrin:
Rarest
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Welp i havent looked at it in detail yet but off the top of my head,

in expose there is a theme of conflict within man and nature
and in kamikaze there is more of a mental/cultural conflict as his family shuns him for returning.

Both poems are also in war situations(in exposure they are in trenches I believe and in kamikaze, the guy returned from a suicide mission) so physical conflict also ties them together.
Visarda
Rep:
?
(Original post by mistyneko)
I would say that Kamikaze presents family conflict, because the pilots family didn't speak to him after he forfeited his suicide mission.
also inner conflict because whilst flying the pilot had to decide whether to give up his life or whether beauty of nature was a good enough reason for him to stay alive.

Exposure presents conflict and the dull cyclic reality of war "but nothing happens" the soldiers are waiting for something to happen but feel like they are not a part of the war but that the war is distant and far away.
"pause over half known faces" - the numb reality that conflict destroys emotions

im not sure though:biggrin::biggrin:
Thank you very much!
Visarda
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rarest)
Welp i havent looked at it in detail yet but off the top of my head,

in expose there is a theme of conflict within man and nature
and in kamikaze there is more of a mental/cultural conflict as his family shuns him for returning.

Both poems are also in war situations(in exposure they are in trenches I believe and in kamikaze, the guy returned from a suicide mission) so physical conflict also ties them together.
Thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (112)
13.83%
I'm not sure (36)
4.44%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (247)
30.49%
I have already dropped out (20)
2.47%
I'm not a current university student (395)
48.77%

Watched Threads