Someone who knows a lot about politics help me please :) Watch

zezno
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
If Labour wins, how long would it take for tuition fees to be abolished? Just curious
BobBobson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zezno)
If Labour wins, how long would it take for tuition fees to be abolished? Just curious
>If labour wins
There's your problem, right there.
jambojim97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's difficult to tell. It depends on 1) their strategy for implementing their policy 2) how well the civil service implements the policy 3) whether their policy is feasible in the first place 4) the extent to which 'internal opponents' make it difficult for the policy to be implemented.
Quirky Object
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A better question would be "how long would it take them to break their promise like every other politician who's promised to abolish tuition fees?"
ckfeister
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zezno)
never, you'll be paying it for it in the future.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Jeremy will introduce this excellent legislation on the same day as his Unicorn Riding for all Primary School Children Bill.
zezno
Rep:
?
(Original post by BobBobson)
>If labour wins
You're a UKIP supporter.
BobBobson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zezno)
You're a UKIP supporter.
and? I don't say stupid **** like they're gonna win the election.
zezno
Rep:
?
and? I don't say stupid **** like they're gonna win the election.
Loooool touche
balanced
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zezno)
1) They'd have to win
2) They'd have to get it through parliament also since it's a manifest pledge it wouldn't be too hard since they would have a majority if they won

Hard to say when, I wouldn't bank on it happening
Meany Pie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sonechka)
A better question would be "how long would it take them to break their promise like every other politician who's promised to abolish tuition fees?"
About 3 minutes.
Modafinil Fanta
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hypothetically, and i use that term as the chances of them being voted in is looking very slim, they will remove or significantly reduce tuition fees. I'd like to hear some opposing opinions to mine. I understand the need for fees as if everyone could go to university then nobody would 'stand out' due to their degree. this would put more strain on the result, 1.1, 1.2 etc.

i was in the hospital the other day and i counted the ratio of English: foreign doctors. 7:1, rediculous. to give working class families the chance to send their child on to become surgeons or cutting edge researchers is exciting. We are in a fortunate enough economic position whereby sending people to achieve their fullest potential is a possibility so why wouldn't we? MONEY! the separation between want and have.

Where would the money come from? the lovely little income boost we got from leaving the EU, not that i was for that. Old people impacting the future of our country that they won't be alive to see, but that's a separate conversation.

TLDR: where's that money coming from and why hasn't it been done already?
_gcx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zezno)
If Labour wins
Lmfao.
BobBlobson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
>If labour wins
My Brother in arms
DingusDongus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you're asking this because you're still in school and want uni to be free, it's very, very, very unlikely that you'll be able to benefit from it.
And, if I'm going to be completely honest, A) Labour is almost certain not to win the election B) Even if they do, it will most likely not be implemented C) Tax-payer funded Uni is a terrible idea in the first place.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (29)
6.94%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (244)
58.37%
No (145)
34.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed