Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My geography teacher is ace and made a table of predicted six markers in all three papers; bearing in mind the topics I learnt are (physical)- watery world not wasteful world and (human)- tourists world not moving world.

He studied previous papers and noted which questions the exam board ask often, and which ones haven't come up in a while and here it is;

Skills paper:
    Predicted questions - Rose diagrams, isoline maps, river fieldwork, sketch maps
    Six markers; effects of rainforest extraction, negative effects of global warming

Physical paper:
    Coasts; Receding coastslines (coastal erosion), flood management
    Rivers; effects of flooding in HICS AND LICS. Flood education and planning
    Tectonics; Kobe earthquake (thats the case study we did) causes and effects, plate boundaries, predicting and preventing volcano eruptions, building design
    Watery world; ataturk dam (a water management scheme that causes conflict), managing water in a HIC, water supply problems, reasons for rising water use

Human paper:
    Economic change; costs and benefits of deindustrialisaion in a rural area, decline in primary sector, location of primary sectors e.g. China clay mines in Cornwall. Secondary sector location, decline in secondary sector (automation, globalisation etc.)
    Settlement change; functions of settlements, rural depopulation, counter urbanisation, Cairo growth
    Population change; singapore (a country trying to increase its birth rate), population distribution, one child policy
    Tourism; eco tourism, multiplier effect, butler model, tourism in an LIC, political factors for tourist growth, effects of tourism.

Hope you find this useful! Wish me luck for my first exam on Wednesday!!😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachtgeup)
    My geography teacher is ace and made a table of predicted six markers in all three papers; bearing in mind the topics I learnt are (physical)- watery world not wasteful world and (human)- tourists world not moving world.

He studied previous papers and noted which questions the exam board ask often, and which ones haven't come up in a while and here it is;

Skills paper:
    Six markers; effects of rainforest extraction, negative effects of global warming

Physical paper:
    Tectonics; Kobe earthquake (thats the case study we did) causes and effects, plate boundaries, predicting and preventing volcano eruptions, building design
    Watery world; ataturk dam (a water management scheme that causes conflict), managing water in a HIC, water supply problems, reasons for rising water use

Human paper:
    Economic change; costs and benefits of deindustrialisaion in a rural area, decline in primary sector, location of primary sectors e.g. China clay mines in Cornwall. Secondary sector location, decline in secondary sector (automation, globalisation etc.)
    Settlement change; functions of settlements, rural depopulation, counter urbanisation, Cairo growth
    Population change; singapore (a country trying to increase its birth rate), population distribution, one child policy
    Tourism; eco tourism, multiplier effect, butler model, tourism in an LIC, political factors for tourist growth, effects of tourism.

Are you geography A or B?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachtgeup)

Skills paper:

Physical paper:

Human paper:

Which exam board is this for? If it's for edexcel, is it for Geography A or B?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosita.zadeh)
    Which exam board is this for? If it's for edexcel, is it for Geography A or B?
    Its edexcel, im not sure what you mean by A or B

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 21, 2017
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.