rachtgeup
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
My geography teacher is ace and made a table of predicted six markers in all three papers; bearing in mind the topics I learnt are (physical)- watery world not wasteful world and (human)- tourists world not moving world.

He studied previous papers and noted which questions the exam board ask often, and which ones haven't come up in a while and here it is;

Skills paper:
Predicted questions - Rose diagrams, isoline maps, river fieldwork, sketch maps
Six markers; effects of rainforest extraction, negative effects of global warming

Physical paper:
Coasts; Receding coastslines (coastal erosion), flood management
Rivers; effects of flooding in HICS AND LICS. Flood education and planning
Tectonics; Kobe earthquake (thats the case study we did) causes and effects, plate boundaries, predicting and preventing volcano eruptions, building design
Watery world; ataturk dam (a water management scheme that causes conflict), managing water in a HIC, water supply problems, reasons for rising water use

Human paper:
Economic change; costs and benefits of deindustrialisaion in a rural area, decline in primary sector, location of primary sectors e.g. China clay mines in Cornwall. Secondary sector location, decline in secondary sector (automation, globalisation etc.)
Settlement change; functions of settlements, rural depopulation, counter urbanisation, Cairo growth
Population change; singapore (a country trying to increase its birth rate), population distribution, one child policy
Tourism; eco tourism, multiplier effect, butler model, tourism in an LIC, political factors for tourist growth, effects of tourism.

Hope you find this useful! Wish me luck for my first exam on Wednesday!!😭
Trying to get by
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by rachtgeup)
My geography teacher is ace and made a table of predicted six markers in all three papers; bearing in mind the topics I learnt are (physical)- watery world not wasteful world and (human)- tourists world not moving world.

He studied previous papers and noted which questions the exam board ask often, and which ones haven't come up in a while and here it is;

Skills paper:
Six markers; effects of rainforest extraction, negative effects of global warming

Physical paper:
Tectonics; Kobe earthquake (thats the case study we did) causes and effects, plate boundaries, predicting and preventing volcano eruptions, building design
Watery world; ataturk dam (a water management scheme that causes conflict), managing water in a HIC, water supply problems, reasons for rising water use

Human paper:
Economic change; costs and benefits of deindustrialisaion in a rural area, decline in primary sector, location of primary sectors e.g. China clay mines in Cornwall. Secondary sector location, decline in secondary sector (automation, globalisation etc.)
Settlement change; functions of settlements, rural depopulation, counter urbanisation, Cairo growth
Population change; singapore (a country trying to increase its birth rate), population distribution, one child policy
Tourism; eco tourism, multiplier effect, butler model, tourism in an LIC, political factors for tourist growth, effects of tourism.

Are you geography A or B?
studying12345
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by rachtgeup)

Skills paper:

Physical paper:

Human paper:

Which exam board is this for? If it's for edexcel, is it for Geography A or B?
rachtgeup
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by rosita.zadeh)
Which exam board is this for? If it's for edexcel, is it for Geography A or B?
Its edexcel, im not sure what you mean by A or B
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (90)
52.63%
Yes, but I want to swap them (13)
7.6%
No, but I know who I want to choose (18)
10.53%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (43)
25.15%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (7)
4.09%

Watched Threads