?
Report 13 years ago
I am watching it on BBC 2, interesting
Airel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I just caught it at 10pm, as soon as the guy mentioned the Three Kingdoms. I hope its on again, it looks really interesting!
Dadeyemi
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
lightwing is the coolest name ever i think
ebam_uk
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
and he got married at the end, i was particularly drawn to lightwing.

I wonder if any of the IMO competitors come on TSR.
M.A.H
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
^^yep the voices were a tad annoying, but they cant help that can they?

and lightwing seemed a much more down to earth kinda guy to me, but then watched only 20-30mins of it. I found that guy with Autism rather annoying and arrogant though
theworm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Joss was the one that denied emotion. I felt sorry for Saul having put in all that work only to come out with a bronze again. Does anyone what the questions are like are they an extension from FP3 type questions or totally different?
ebam_uk
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think they are just really difficult question which will require a lot of complex, maths, because the training for the competition was crazy.
jobo3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Watching it made me realise just how rubbish I actually am at maths. I think I'd rather have a typical teenage life than their lives though. Not that I mean that in a nasty way or anything.

Jonathan was my fave
Zen90
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They were so clever!
Report 13 years ago
It was good. I liked it.
Zen90
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Angus-Higgins)
Maybe not (I proclaim no formal knowledge upon this subject [however]). One of them sounded as though they had some form of nasal problem, and there were a few others whose voices merely annoyed me. (I do not think that all of them had annoying voices though [I believe]).

Angus Higgins
I guess its just the way clever people speak
Envy Eyes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by M.A.H)
^^yep the voices were a tad annoying, but they cant help that can they?

and lightwing seemed a much more down to earth kinda guy to me, but then watched only 20-30mins of it. I found that guy with Autism rather annoying and arrogant though
Daniel, the one who got married at the end also had autism. It was actually the same type of autism as Jos (sp?) had, aspergers syndrome. It did prove his point about how autism varies though.
I couldn't help but to feel sorry for Jos, even though pity is the last thing he's probably looking for, it is hard to imagine what it'd be like to have a child who doesn't show any sort of emotion towards you at all. At the start the mother said he did, but then he said himself that the only use he had for his parents was the likes of shelter and food. Not so endearing, eh?
Envy Eyes
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jobo3)
Watching it made me realise just how rubbish I actually am at maths. I think I'd rather have a typical teenage life than their lives though. Not that I mean that in a nasty way or anything.
Same boat! I just came upstairs and started trying to do some maths revision to make myself feel better but after 3 questions I got bored and came on here eugh I'll pay attention first thing tomorrow when I have maths :rolleyes:.
M.A.H
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
wow now im really interested to learn more about Autism

What Jos said did seem rather cold to me, but remember the tutor who won gold twice? all he could do was describe winning as nice, since he couldnt express it in words, Jos may be similar who knows
Zen90
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Was Jos the one who won the silver with a full beard?
m:)ckel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by theworm)
Joss was the one that denied emotion. I felt sorry for Saul having put in all that work only to come out with a bronze again. Does anyone what the questions are like are they an extension from FP3 type questions or totally different?
Mate, the questions on there will be galaxies away from FP3, rather than just a mere extension. I know 2 people in my FM class who did BMO2 (first round is for everyone, 2nd is for the top achievers in each school) and got scores of 0 and 1.

I really enjoyed this programme and found it fascinating. I would've liked to see more of the maths involved, but it was still very interesting.
Envy Eyes
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Zen90)
No, Jos never got through to the finals.
The man with the full beard was team trainer sort of thing, I think...
m:)ckel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Zen90)
No, Jos was one of the reserves for the IMO team. There was a lot of focus on him during the first 3/4 of the programme. He usually isolated himself from all group activities, including the time spent at the training camps.

(Original post by Envy Eyes)
The man with the full beard was team trainer sort of thing, I think...
Yeah, I think that's right. He seemed like the top guy for the team. His name is Geoff Smith - he's a lecturer at Bath University.
Zen90
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh right lol, thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (53)
18.03%
No one else does (91)
30.95%
I'm embarrassed about my background (32)
10.88%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (99)
33.67%
We don't use a video platform (6)
2.04%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.38%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed