The Student Room Group

B1 exam 2017 predictions?

im currently revising quite hard for the exam on tuesday, ive been researching quite alot on what the questions are gonna be like eg: hard or easy with a high grade boundary, so what do you lot think the exams gonna be like? hard with a low boundary?
thanks
Last year's B1 paper was pretty tough, and had some questions which were only very briefly covered in the textbook. I suggest you make sure you learn all of the keywords and try and use them throughout your answers. Sometimes the questions had weird context to try and throw you off, but as long as you apply the science knowledge, you should do fine! I thought I did terrible in the B1 paper, but I actually ended up doing ok! I wouldn't worry too much about it being a hard paper, as the chances are, other people will also have found it hard! Best of luck though! :smile:
Original post by RestInTwoPieces
Last year's B1 paper was pretty tough, and had some questions which were only very briefly covered in the textbook. I suggest you make sure you learn all of the keywords and try and use them throughout your answers. Sometimes the questions had weird context to try and throw you off, but as long as you apply the science knowledge, you should do fine! I thought I did terrible in the B1 paper, but I actually ended up doing ok! I wouldn't worry too much about it being a hard paper, as the chances are, other people will also have found it hard! Best of luck though! :smile:

thank you very much a
I'm worrying about the science grade boundaries too.. But I think it'll be ok; especially if lots of people found it hard it'll be lower.
A teacher told me due to this being the last year of the old spec they might just use questions from past papers...I hope so anyway!:smile:
Original post by salmamahmoud
I'm worrying about the science grade boundaries too.. But I think it'll be ok; especially if lots of people found it hard it'll be lower.
A teacher told me due to this being the last year of the old spec they might just use questions from past papers...I hope so anyway!:smile:

yh, i hope they're not to cruel with us loool but anyways are u studying macbeth, inspector calls and the christmas carol?
Original post by talhaawan
yh, i hope they're not to cruel with us loool but anyways are u studying macbeth, inspector calls and the christmas carol?

Yeah:biggrin:
Original post by salmamahmoud
Yeah:biggrin:

maud i find inspector calls and christmas carol easy and macbeth just annoyingly hard
maud i find inspector calls and christmas carol easy and macbeth just annoyingly hard

oh my gosh! saaame:biggrin:
Can you give me some tips on ACC?
Original post by Prosenior
Can you give me some tips on ACC?

yh man, just remember the theme throughout ACC and link it to the characters such as scrooge and Marley, good use of language is also important as it can emphasis the character also context is always needed such as it was the Victorian times and most people were skint and abit of reference to the class system would be good. Remember how the writer presents Scrooge in the beginning and in the end and contrast the differences. The writer also uses pathetic palasay (however u spell it lool) to show scrooge such as "cold".

good luck
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest