londonisred8
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,
I'm an AS student studying the new AQA Geography 7036 spec for A level. In 2 weeks I will be doing an internal (end of year not proper AS) exam. The topics I'm studying are, coastal environments, Contemprary urban environments and the water and carbon cycle. I was just wondering if anyone has done this paper (on the topics above), if so could you please let me know what questions were in this exam, Iam very nervous as I have been focusing my revision on my maths exams which are external AS exams and not so much on Geography. Any information will be helpful. Thank you very much!
username3179140
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by londonisred8)
Hi,
I'm an AS student studying the new AQA Geography 7036 spec for A level. In 2 weeks I will be doing an internal (end of year not proper AS) exam. The topics I'm studying are, coastal environments, Contemprary urban environments and the water and carbon cycle. I was just wondering if anyone has done this paper (on the topics above), if so could you please let me know what questions were in this exam, Iam very nervous as I have been focusing my revision on my maths exams which are external AS exams and not so much on Geography. Any information will be helpful. Thank you very much!
Hi i did costal environments. I found it fairly hard but only got a B at gcse so probably why. Questions i can remember was Multiple choice what process can lead to a eustatic rise in sea level. One of the answers was thermal expansion There as a three mark question on " Describe the characteristics of constructive waves" There was a six marker analysing a line graph to do with sea level rise with a map of the usa places 1 meter under sea level. The question was like " Ascess the data shown in figure 2" That reminds me" Assess " comes up for many of these questions so would be useful to deifientley know how to respond to that command word. Another question i remember was" To what extent do you agree that human activity has a greater influence in the shaping of costal environments than natural process" Another question was relating to wind and it's importance in the costal system but cant remember exactly what. Hope this helps. Yeah it's pretty scary being the first year to do this with little assessment material available.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (53)
24.09%
My career doesn't need one (30)
13.64%