Does anyone have study resources for Truman/Eisenhower/Kennedy?

Watch this thread
Wikia
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm doing AS History and studying the following presidents: Truman, Eisenhower & Kennedy. For the presidents I need information on their domestic/foreign policy, aswell as their civil rights policies & economy.

Does anyone have resources for them? I literally can't find ANY online, the ones that I've found aren't really very helpful.
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Wikia)
I'm doing AS History and studying the following presidents: Truman, Eisenhower & Kennedy. For the presidents I need information on their domestic/foreign policy, aswell as their civil rights policies & economy.

Does anyone have resources for them? I literally can't find ANY online, the ones that I've found aren't really very helpful.
Hello, I study American History so i guess I could help?

Truman:
Foreign policy- Trumans Doctrine,Containment,Korean War
Economic policies- GI Bill Of Rights provided education and training to soldiers returning from the war,Trumans FairDeal polciies, he was very tough on Trade Unions
Civil Rights- He pushed for Civil Rights and tried to help blacks but was not successful. He desegregated the armed forces,publish "To securethese rights" which outlined problems that Blacks faced,Ralph Dunche the UN ambassador was Black and won the nobel peace prize in 1948,Truman tried to push legislation but this was watered down by Congress

Eisenhower- was reluctant to get invovled in Civil Rights but had to get involved in Little Rock and passed legislation in 1957
Foreign policy- Same as Truman I think

Kennedy-
Tried to help Civil Rights e.g. was creating the Civil rights act that LBJ managed to push through after
Foreign policy- Cuba and sent "advisors" to Vietnam

I hope I helped in anyway, a bit vague because I am busy atm.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.8%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.28%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.52%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (23)
17.29%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.55%

Watched Threads