The Student Room Group

Would you date someone younger than you?

Why or why not? What is your age range?

Scroll to see replies

I think it depends on age for me. For instance if I was 17 and a 15 year old was into me then I'd be like no I'd just find it weird. Another reason probably because even though it's only two years the whole minor/ adult thing. I think once I'm in my 20s then it's not much of a problem. I'd say no more than two years younger or four years older. I think because sometimes when you go for someone whose a lot older they want things you're not ready for. Same with younger you've been there done that. Kinda want someone on your level
Don't want to be picky but it would be ideal lol
I would if I liked them a lot, don't really have an upper limit though
It used to be 16+, now it's 17+.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Why or why not? What is your age range?

no as i would prefer to have an older girlfriend as she may have more life experience and she may be more wiling to settle down and be more mature. My age range is 18-22
Yeah but no younger than 18. I'm 23 so any younger would be weird as she'd still be at school and more importantly still a child.

I always stick with the /own age + 7 rule so 23/2+7 = 18.5 (I'll say 18 though)

Ideally she'd be older but that's the youngest id go.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by gareths
no as i would prefer to have an older girlfriend as she may have more life experience and she may be more wiling to settle down and be more mature. My age range is 18-22

Not too sure how many 22 year olds want to settle down though. How old are you btw?
Reply 7
Original post by Jack22031994
Not too sure how many 22 year olds want to settle down though. How old are you btw?

Every single one of my gfs have been older than me except from 2 didn't really make a difference to me though and I don't think it made a difference to them either
Original post by gareths

Thought it'll be about that. Trust me, not many 22 year old girls will want to settle down. You'd have to go 25+ really to start finding a lot of that.
Thought it'll be about that. Trust me, not many 22 year old girls will want to settle down. You'd have to go 25+ really to start finding a lot of that.

wat do u mean find a 25 year old or wait til im 25 to find someone to settle down with
Reply 11
Yeah but no younger than 18. I'm 23 so any younger would be weird as she'd still be at school and more importantly still a child.

I always stick with the /own age + 7 rule so 23/2+7 = 18.5 (I'll say 18 though)

Ideally she'd be older but that's the youngest id go.

We are the same age.

I think my youngest would be 19/20, 18 can still be a little immature.
Original post by gareths
wat do u mean find a 25 year old or wait til im 25 to find someone to settle down with

No - I'm just saying at 22 not many people will want to settle down with one person yet, as they're still young.

Take things as they come and don't worry about settling down yet with someone. If it happens, it happens but going on about settling down straight away may scare some girls off.
No - I'm just saying at 22 not many people will want to settle down with one person yet, as they're still young.

Take things as they come and don't worry about settling down yet with someone. If it happens, it happens but going on about settling down straight away may scare some girls off.

oh ok
never ever in a million yearsss im not a pedo ty
Nah lol unless it was by 6-12 months, I need a maturity in a man :smile:
Original post by UWS
We are the same age.

I think my youngest would be 19/20, 18 can still be a little immature.

Youngest I'd date would be 20/21 & the upper limit erm.. Hayley Atwell :lol:
I guess I'd need to as I am 30 roflmao :colonhash:
No... i've only dated younger guys once or twice and I found them a bit boring. Like our lives weren't in the same place - for example I was into backpacking but they just wanted to get trashed at the pub with their mates.
Which is fine for them but not somebody I could be in a long term relationship with.
Original post by Friffinghell
No... i've only dated younger guys once or twice and I found them a bit boring. Like our lives weren't in the same place - for example I was into backpacking but they just wanted to get trashed at the pub with their mates.
Which is fine for them but not somebody I could be in a long term relationship with.

You shoulda got trashed with the ladz (if you can't beat 'em, join 'em) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest